cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox to Introduce a Triple-Slide Camper

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if this is bringing back a modified AF1160 or a new design.
Given the weight of their other campers I wonder what this will tip the scales at.

"Among the new layouts was a prototype of a three-slide Arctic Fox truck camper floorplan that features a cathedral roof with island kitchen, dinette and rear-sofa slideouts.
”We’re really were just throwing it out there to get our dealers’ input,” Cochran said. ”They suggested that we change some small things, and we found some ways to improve it.”
The new floorplan will be available next spring. ”We had some dealers who wanted to order it, but we want to hold off until we come up with the final floorplan,” he said."

Northwod annual dealer meeting
122 REPLIES 122

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Hemi Joel wrote:
Arctic Fox has some pretty good weather seals on the slide. As long as it is fully open or closed, air leakage does not happen.

Air will leak in around the gear track around the bottom of the slide.
Bob

Bedlam
I have heard about issues in the Schwintek slide mechanism in the dual slide Arctic Fox - The Powergear has had less problems for them. This was one of my considerations in choosing the Host over the Eagle Cap. Perhaps AF is revisiting their design and going to figure out how to use a Powergear on both slides? Both of these mechanisms are owned by Lipert through acquisition and each have their advantage, but I prefer the more reliable one.

I would have seriously looked at a triple slide from AF if they had one on the market for the last couple of years. Right now, they appear to make a really good single slide rear entry line of TC's and have not diversified much beyond their core competency. I do see Northwood sharing designs between their makes, so maybe the trailer or toy hauler lines will continue to influence their TC's.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
CAJW wrote:
I learned from Northwood that regarding the triple slide model, they have prototyped one, but don't have plans to produce it in the near future. I also learned they've discontinued the double slide model 996. Bummer as we really like ours!

If that's true about the triple slide, side door model....that's a big bummer. A big gap in their line, if you ask me.

And frankly a side door model is our most likely upgrade from our 2011 AF1150.... 😞 If they don't have one.......then their loss.
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
I learned from Northwood that regarding the triple slide model, they have prototyped one, but don't have plans to produce it in the near future. I also learned they've discontinued the double slide model 996. Bummer as we really like ours!
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

2dedge
Explorer
Explorer
Has there been anymore hints about the great triple slide?

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Looking forward to more information. Not saying it's for me or anyone else but having more options to choose from in the triple slide market couldn't be a bad thing.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox has some pretty good weather seals on the slide. As long as it is fully open or closed, air leakage does not happen. I've overnighted in -5F with the slide open, and it stayed warm inside and no pipes froze.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Bedlam
As far as camping out in the cold with a slide, we do it all the time. Starting with dual pane windows, higher R value insulation and large capacity batteries and LPG made our trips comfortable without having to block our view and daylight through the windows with the plenty of slide-extended room. In second picture you can see others camping with slides too...

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
Slide outs on long truck campers are what allow us to keep using the truck camper. 10 year old, 2 year old and a 5 month old plus an 80# Rott take up room. Yes we have a large toyhauler too but when we want to just stay small and go camping like for a weekend the TC with a large slideout works great.

The beautiful thing about camping it there are a million ways of doing it. And its a great time no matter if its sleeping in a tent or sleeping in a million dollar diesel pusher.
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

Bedlam
NightSailor wrote:
It completely misses the point of truck campers. Something that heavy has no appeal to me. I have no interest is cold slide outs. A fair amount of my camping is in cold weather. I'm looking fir ways to make my camper more energy efficient not less.

I own a truck camper so I have high tow capacity, good ground clearance and 4wd in a compact package. otherwise we probably would have moved to a motor home. I did the tent, truck canopy and minimalist camping in the past and now look to bring convenience up another notch.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
NightSailor wrote:
It completely misses the point of truck campers

... for you. Obviously, there is a market for these, or they wouldn't be built. I'm not wanting a camper longer than what I have ... at least for now. We do love our slides and can't imagine owning a truck camper without them now.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

NightSailor
Explorer
Explorer
It completely misses the point of truck campers. Something that heavy has no appeal to me. I have no interest is cold slide outs. A fair amount of my camping is in cold weather. I'm looking fir ways to make my camper more energy efficient not less.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Plus if it has wires, it will not be a source of annoyance like every faulty bluetooth thing is.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Bedlam
Although exterior speakers may have some disadvantages, I prefer them over another item I must stow and unpack plus now you have another device which you have to recharge.

Anyone seen these hardwired surface mounts?

http://www.adventurerv.net/king-controls-standard-bluetooth-led-outdoor-speaker-light-white-p-32993....