cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unlimited 3g verizon mifi help

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a mifi from **deleted** and was supposed to have 6 months included. I know several of us did as it was a popular subject several months ago.

It worked great for 4 months but now won't connect. It states 3g ready but won't do anything more. I haven't pushed the factory reset to wipe out the flash that was put on it and have pulled the battery several times with no better results.

I called the number on the instructions to refill it but it is a verizon number and verizon says the account doesn't exist. The sim card is from lyca mobile so verizon can't do anything to help without starting a new account with them but it won't be the unlimited 3g as they don't offer it now.

I've emailed,phoned,and messaged Travis at **deleted** multiple times over the last 3 weeks with no response.

Anyone know or have any ideas as to how to make this thing work again, or how to get in touch with **deleted** to figure out how to refill this?

I feel like I got taken by a fly by night company who is way more interested in selling new equipment than dealing with anyone having problems.

Thanks for any ideas.
111 REPLIES 111

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had my other 4620L remote flashed by DRwireless and it is working great here in Quartzsite AZ.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I switched my wifes phone to the new unlimited plan. My Jetpack died. When I turn it on all I get is Mifi on the screen. I may have my other Jetpack flashed when we return from Mexico next month.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I guess now with verizon going to unlimited, we will probably switch to that plan and ditch the mifi

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
1492: You are correct. Seller got back to me right away with the reason. I thought I did it correctly, but evidently not.

Seller said he asked me several times for number, but I never got any message/email.

I was able to add to my account thru the 888 number, but will try the seller again later.

Unit is still working.

DancinCampers wrote:

1492: Before my payment option returned on the phone, I tried your ebay card option. They charged my card, but yesterday they cancelled my order. Am waiting a reply from seller. Just curious.

The supplier will cancel your order if you do not supply the hotspot phone number in the Ebay Message field upon checkout? Unfortunately, Ebay makes this unnecessarily confusing. Once you supply the phone number, you have to click the Submit button "before" buying the card. Otherwise, it won't attach the phone number to apply the card. And the Seller explicitly states he will cancel the order if no phone number is included?

I've never had a transaction cancelled, and the Seller has always applied the $5. card promptly every month. Still working 3G unlimited, with no issues.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Mine was to be renewed on 2/28 and it stopped working 1/23. I went on ebay and found someone to reflash it online for $30 and I am up and going again. That included 2 months service.

vtaero
Explorer
Explorer
My device from the unnamed is a Pantech MHS 291LVW and was up to date and had an expiration date which I kept up with. It was supposed to expire on Feb 19th as I last paid on the 19th of January. However it seems like it just stopped working today. It doesn't even look like it has a phone number npw from the menu.

Anyone else have similar? I sure loved this thing while it worked.

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
After a few days of not getting the payment option, it reappeared. I paid $5 on 28 Jan and my exp date changed from 29 Jan to 6 Apr. I had made additional $5 payments previously because my exp date didn't change.

I am still befuddled by their system, but unit is still working.

1492: Before my payment option returned on the phone, I tried your ebay card option. They charged my card, but yesterday they cancelled my order. Am waiting a reply from seller. Just curious.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I just renewed mine as well, it said the minimum payment was 15 but press a button for a different payment. I put 5 on it and it extended it out another month.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
I just successfully renewed my device from He_Who_Shall_Not_Be_Named for yet another month. I called the 888 number, entered my device phone number and listened to all the verbiage about after 12/29 you can not use Verizon Services and should go to the VZ website or use #PMT from your device. It then asked if I wanted to make a payment and if so, press 1. I did, gave them the PIN of a $5 card from callingmart.com and Shazam, another 30 days was granted.

I sure hope this process continues to work for a long while.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

jweb98
Explorer
Explorer
I called and renewed for another month. Everything went as it did last time and I have another month of service. I used a credit card. No problems.
Jim
Arizona and Texas
2014 Silverado
2016 Rockwood 2604ws

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
DancinCampers wrote:
I just called to add $5, and instead of provideing me account balance and payment options it directs me to a customer service que. Anyone else having this happen?

Have 4510L. Just called and got the option to make a payment. Last renewed on Jan 18, which was after the Dec 29 "cutoff" date message when I renewed the last 2 times. Unit is still working and when I called today it said my expiration date was 2/23.

I wonder if they are changing the renewal method in some sort of sequence (unit type, activation date, etc.) rather than all at once?
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
My device from Travis was sent promptly has worked since 8/26. I was about to start trying to add money(had 6 mo. free), but on 1/24 service stopped. Will not be using him again and would advise anyone else against doing business with him.

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just called to add $5, and instead of provideing me account balance and payment options it directs me to a customer service que. Anyone else having this happen?