cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I added some LED light fixtures over the dinette

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
There's a light over the dinette, which works great during the day, but at night, it's way too overpowering (bright) when I'm using my laptop.

The brightness, plus the fact that the light is shining (glaring) at my eyes was kind of annoying.

I found some small low profile surface mount lights that looked like a good solution. I tapped in to the wiring behind the stereo, where the wiring for the dinette light is, and added a switch for the new lights.

This is the lights I used, in warm white with a stainless trim ring:
http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/tecniq-e13-silho-x-area.htm

The switch is a large rocker switch from JR Products. I centered it in the panel above the stereo.

Bob
15 REPLIES 15

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very Nice

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Time to order a few more of these and install them under the kitchen cabinets.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
..... but I cannot find anything that will plug into a standard RV lamp fixture.

Here they are.
Bob

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I find even the biggest 12 volt LEDs not very bright compared to the table filling lumens of a 120 volt LED or curly bulb.

The frustrating part is I have some hand held LED flash lights that throw similar patterns and recharge from a USB port but I cannot find anything that will plug into a standard RV lamp fixture.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice work.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
What's that thing outside the window in the second picture?:B

Snow plow
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Nice work! Now tell us about that power supply on the table. Did you use that for testing the lamps?

I used the power supply to power up the one light I was using to determine a mounting location.
Bob

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
What's that thing outside the window in the second picture?:B
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work! Now tell us about that power supply on the table. Did you use that for testing the lamps?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Looks great and made in the US!
Nice work.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I installed one light over each bench.

After some trial runs of moving positioning of the lights, I settled on location slightly offset from being centered over the bench.

I also offset them from the center of the cabinet, spacing them further away from the wall:

Bob