cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When a 50 pound puppy wants to be held...

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
She gets held!

Ashlyn, now 8 months old.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
16 REPLIES 16

Lisaren
Explorer
Explorer
I am very sorry. No matter what many say, some pets just don't or won't fit in your family. If you become fearful of the dog, it can just reinforce the unwanted behavior. Be kind to yourself even though she had to be returned.
Lisaren
Madison5004
2 rugrats
2001 Flagstaff 227 Pop-Up
2 non-camping cats - Miss Kitty and Jet
1 dog - Sirius

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
There are guides for such.

Once my 100 lb. mature dog beat up his companion. I did some reading and with a suggestion, I rolled him on his back and put my open hand around the base of the under side of his neck. My source said this would indicate that I was the dominant soul in my house. At 10.5 years he did some jumping, while on a chain attached to the truck and me in the campground shower. I wasn't happy with how he got himself loaded for the day and stopped fairly soon. Tried again. Then did an hour and half drive home knowing I had a dying dog aboard. When I called the vet I was told to check eye relfex - none. Twisted bowel. He made it very clear that morning that he trusted me.

Guides help, but they are far from the be all and end all.

๐Ÿ˜ž
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
gaymeadowsman wrote:
She gets held!

Ashlyn, now 8 months old.

It broke my heart but we had no choice but to surrender Ashlyn back to the shelter. At one year old and pushing 80 pounds we got to where we couldn't trust her. Twice in two months she jumped at me and tried to bite me in my face while I was watching television, we couldn't walk in the yard without her trying to knock us down. Several times we came inside with bloody arms from bites or scratches. To her,she was playing a game, to us it was anything but. I've never had a pet I was afraid of and at 56, I never thought I would give up on one of my pets. Maybe She was separated from he siblings too soon, maybe we're just not meant to have another dog right now.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
My 8 month old Saint Bernard is only 140lbs so far but he is a lap dog and loves camping. And he is a chic magnet lol

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer

Our 60+ pound English Pointer "Hank" needs a good huggin every once and a while!!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Not on the bed, chair or couch, but on the floor, you're fair game!

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Been there. So glad I gave when giving was wanted. That puppy became a 100 lb Chessie.

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Love it! Of course she's a lap dog! My 60# boy is a complete lap dog as well.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
I've always wondered why the big dogs want to sit on your lap and all the little dogs want to show the big dog who's boss... ?? ๐Ÿ™‚
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
What a sweet face!! of COURSE she's a lap dog!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
I just love her expression....like she's asking "What's wrong? I'm only sitting on dad's lap."

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
blackeyed1 wrote:
Our 120 lb shepherd/rottweiler liked being a lap dog.

We had a 100 lb GS who liked to spoon with us. Bought a king bed just so she could sleep with us. Suckers, I know.

Cute "puppy" :c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

blackeyed1
Explorer
Explorer
Our 120 lb shepherd/rottweiler liked being a lap dog.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think they know how big they are nor do they care. Our last two dogs were over 80lbs, and this one is 40 lbs. and they have all thought they were lap dogs. I'd rather have lap dogs than wild beasts any day! Nice looking dog...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand