cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Vent Lid for My Camper

merc1100sc
Explorer
Explorer
All, just purchased an 09 work and play 28BR. Two of the vent lids are brittle and cracking. I want to replace these ASAP.
Doing a quick search I see a few didn't versions (Jensen, Elixir, etc). Being that it's an 09, should I assume any newer 14x14 lid will fit? My local camping dealer has them for $30 each and it looks like Walmart sells the same version for $10. Can that be right?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

merc1100sc
Explorer
Explorer
As an update:
The snow is gone here and the weather has been decent. I got up and was able to take a pic of the lid (link attached). I am reluctant to remove it until I get a replacement as not to leave it open. I have a make-shift cover it now preventing any water intrusion. Based on the pic, I think it's style #2 (top-right) above. Would you guys agree?
And, if so, is there a style name for this one?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jagi7ubi6p2k39/3.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jagi7ubi6p2k39/3.jpg?dl=0

Thanks

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
You can get clear or smoked as well if you want some light or not?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

merc1100sc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Very helpful. I'll have to pull it off to see exactly which one it is. Thanks!!!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
There are different colors also. Even 2 shades of white.

Since you are replacing them now's the time to put a smoke or black vent lid on. REALLY helps keep the heat out when you are trying to keep the coach cool in summer. And does stop some uv's from coming in and fading your interior.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Y-Guy
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Here are the types of vent lids,by the hinge type.

That's the most helpful post of the day!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are the types of vent lids,by the hinge type.

check yours then you will know which one to get.

I would suggest getting the Polycarbonate ones they last a lot longer. Also something like the Maxxair covers,they will make your covers last longer and you can keep your vents open in any weather.

If you haven't done it before Here is a short video on how it is done.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I'm going under the assumption that you're talking about the crank-up vent lids.

There's, I think, at least 3 different vent lid styles. You'll need to find the one that matches the kind you have. They are not generic, and you can easily buy the wrong one if you're not careful. I would suggest the polycarbonate one if you can get one in the style you have.

I would suggest taking an old one with you when you shop for them.
bumpy

Y-Guy
You should be able to take down the screen from the inside if you don't want to go up top, then get some measurements of the flange. With that you should be able to match up a vent cover at an RV dealership or Wal-mart. At the price difference I'd sure some good inspecting, $20 mark up is nothing to sneeze at but make sure the quality compares.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going under the assumption that you're talking about the crank-up vent lids.

There's, I think, at least 3 different vent lid styles. You'll need to find the one that matches the kind you have. They are not generic, and you can easily buy the wrong one if you're not careful. I would suggest the polycarbonate one if you can get one in the style you have.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"