cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atv riding to the big tent Quartzsite

wd
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone tell me which La Posa is the best place to stay so I can ride a non street legal ATV to the big tent through the washes?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
You can stay in any of the LaPosa LTVA's and get to the tent. You can go from one ltva to another and cross the hwy which is legal.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
tyson wash
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wd
Explorer
Explorer
Camorhino wrote:
You are good for 30 days on your CA OHV sticker. And you can license it for AZ if you have an address while in AZ. RV park space number works. And they will send renewal to your CA address or renew on line. Go to DMV in Parker. You also have to have insurance from a AZ agent. Have to render your title to AZ, but keep your CA sticker. Have done this for 10 years on 2 machines with no issues. Our newest machine is street legal in Idaho, which is accepted in AZ. Idaho does issue a plate to out of state UTV's with no issues.This is done at local county court house. Wyoming does not recognize any state. You have to get an out of state sticker. As far as the wash in Q, there is plenty of parking just to the west of the big tent and an easy walk from there.

Just called MVD in Parker Az. This is pretty much what they told me too. I can ride all the washes and off road areas legally for 30 consecutive days with my CA OHV sticker. I am a CA resident I could register it in AZ if I change the title to AZ, have AZ insurance, use a storage facility or equilivent as an address and have all correspondence sent to my CA address, I can keep my CA OHV sticker, and meet the minimum requirements for accessories. Anyway looks like I can ride to the tent. Thanks for the replies

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
You are good for 30 days on your CA OHV sticker. And you can license it for AZ if you have an address while in AZ. RV park space number works. And they will send renewal to your CA address or renew on line. Go to DMV in Parker. You also have to have insurance from a AZ agent. Have to render your title to AZ, but keep your CA sticker. Have done this for 10 years on 2 machines with no issues. Our newest machine is street legal in Idaho, which is accepted in AZ. Idaho does issue a plate to out of state UTV's with no issues.This is done at local county court house. Wyoming does not recognize any state. You have to get an out of state sticker. As far as the wash in Q, there is plenty of parking just to the west of the big tent and an easy walk from there.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
hugemoth wrote:
All you need is an ATV sticker on the Razor. Not sure about California but most states have a reciprocal agreement so out of state stickers are honored in AZ.

There are trails and washes everywhere so you can get to the tent from just about anywhere without riding on the street.

In AZ my toys are licensed for the street in order to drive on the street. If licensed for dirt only they can only be operated Off Road, not even side streets. I pay extra for this privilege beyond the cost of the dirt off road sticker plus have the require stop light, horn, two rear view mirrors and INSURANCE for highway use. In Utah, turn signals and side marker lights are additionally required to be legal. The Reciprocal Agreement is for dirt/off road use only.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

hugemoth
Explorer
Explorer
All you need is an ATV sticker on the Razor. Not sure about California but most states have a reciprocal agreement so out of state stickers are honored in AZ.

There are trails and washes everywhere so you can get to the tent from just about anywhere without riding on the street.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
It really doesn't matter because all ATV's in AZ must be registered. If you still want to skirt the law, La Posa South on the west side if the highway will be the best

A CA resident that lives in CA only and traveling cannot register a vehicle in another state.

wd
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
It really doesn't matter because all ATV's in AZ must be registered. If you still want to skirt the law, La Posa South on the west side if the highway will be the best

It is a Polaris Razor and it is registered in CA and has a green sticker just not licensed for the street. I was not aware that riding the washes was to the tent was not legal. I have absolutely no intention of "skirting the law" Thanks for the input

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer