cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shamrock hybrid slide out

josiescott
Explorer
Explorer
Hi My family is going for our first state campground no water no elec. I have a slideout but with no elec was wondering if anyone had any experience with manually extending it .I watched some videos and it showed pretty easily done with a wrench and crawling underneath it seemed easy but I am not even sure where the mechanism would be .Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks BScott
6 REPLIES 6

Burnt_Marshmall
Explorer
Explorer
Check the fuse for your slide out motor. The higher the amperage, the more 'juice' it will use. My guess is its a small, under powered motor hooked to a worm gear that will give it tremendous torque and use very little current.

On my Roo the bolt is attached to the center of the motor case on the end. It's fairly large maybe over 3/4" so you'll want to check. If you go that route, be ready to turn that thing a long time.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
josiescott wrote:
I'm going to test that out. I read it takes a lot of battery juice.

not as much as running the furnace overnight. unless you have low batteries, you should be able to run the slide out without using too much battery power.
of course, if you only have one battery and don't conserve power, you could end up with a dead battery after one night.

if you plan of doing more dry camping, you need to go to a dual battery setup.
we dry camp 90 percent of the time so we have the dual batteries plus a Honda 2000i generator.

plus it would help if you posted year/make/model of hybrid, since you don't have it listed in your sig line.
makes a difference in how to manually put the slide in.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Extend it as soon as you arrive, with tow vehicle still attached and running so alternator provides a bit of the power to run the slide.

When you leave camp, wait to pull in slide til wiring to tow vehicle is attached, and running
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

josiescott
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to test that out. I read it takes a lot of battery juice.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Your slide operation will still work with your on board batteries
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Slides aren't run by battery in hybrids?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman