cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what are your plans for 2017?

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I've been planning a trip for the last two years and health and grandkids and life just got in the way. Cross our fingers, it looks like we are a go for Feb 2017 and if all goes well, we will leave Washington and keep driving south until we hit some warm and then hug the warm until warm turns to hot and then and only then head home. Hope to see as many State and National Parks as time will allow.

What are your plans for next year? Anything special?
62 REPLIES 62

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
kazmir wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
Yahoo! Just got confirmation of what I will be doing from late May till late June. Watching this

Got a job, unpaid but who cares, as a spectator marshal for Americas Cup 35. They supply the boat, a 21'RIB, & gas. I get to run it & get better than front row seat to watch the racing while making sure the spectator boats remain behind the line of their area.

This should be fun in the extreme.

That is exciting! We got to watch it from shore in the San Francisco Bay. Those cats are amazing!

All the teams are here now. No formal racing but they are out there sparring with each other & buzzing any other boats that happen to be out. You can be happily sipping cocktails cruising along at 10knots & have one of these thing blow by less than 50' away at 40kts.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

kazmir
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Yahoo! Just got confirmation of what I will be doing from late May till late June. Watching this

Got a job, unpaid but who cares, as a spectator marshal for Americas Cup 35. They supply the boat, a 21'RIB, & gas. I get to run it & get better than front row seat to watch the racing while making sure the spectator boats remain behind the line of their area.

That is exciting! We got to watch it from shore in the San Francisco Bay. Those cats are amazing!
2005 Minnie 24V
Family of Four with lots of toys!:B

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I'm jealous. As a lad I did have a place on an IACC 12 in the sound.

Matt

Veebyes wrote:

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
BigRed1,
Sorry, but that plan had to be scrubbed because I can't carry target pieces, magazines and match grade through California.

Matt

bigred1cav wrote:
When in Pt Townsend? That is a favorite place for us.

Matt_Colie wrote:
If things go as we hope, we will attend a rally in Shawnee. Then go to Las Vegas to visit, from there to San Diego. That will start a Pacific Coast Road tour that will run to Port Townsend. How we get home from there is still open.

Matt
Edit:

What I didn't say when I wrote this was that east from Washington was to be two pistol and one rifle match.....
California has just enacted laws that make taking these pieces and ammunition into California a big NoNo. They have seem to have de-certified the good old "Peaceable Transit" rules. So I am forbidden to have these pieces, magazines and a reasonable amount of target grade ammunition in the state. That means that either I don't get to my matches or we don't do the coast road. Can't do both now.....
I am going to look into alternatives, but none have come up that I can actually afford.
Sorry California, maybe next life.
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
A week and a half the first of June in Cataloochee CG SMNP, lots of motorcycle exploring to do in that area.

A week at Turkey Run S.P. IND mid July ( my birthday )with the kids and grandkids for kayaking and fun

A week and a half at Sam A Baker S.P. MO first of Sep to meet our friends that went fulltime the first of the year, we miss them a lot.

a couple weekend trips here close to home in the Shawnee forest southern ILL.

come on spring I need to camp now.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

TexasVet01
Explorer
Explorer
On the average, we do 15 - 20 shows each year. This year the first 5 were/are in Texas and then it's on to California/Oregon. In June we head East to Nebraska/Indiana and will end up in Florida for Thanksgiving.

We haul the tools (lathe, bandsaw, drill (Shopsmith) and others) in a car hauler trailer. We do a lot of the work at the shows (parking lot) or at the RV park we are staying at.

Mostly, we sell custom knives, wood rings and other wood jewelry.

Happy Travels
Lew

Mike34
Explorer
Explorer
We try to get at least 5 or 6 camping trips in a year. I am fortunate with my job and have every other weekend off, so I could potentially do more two day trips if I wanted. I cant wait to get out this year, just waiting for some good weather here in WA that way my kids are able to get out and play and not be rained on all the time!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Mow the grass,spread grass seed, fertilize the grass, trim the grass,rinse and repeat and get away for maybe a month provided I can find someone to taake caare of the grass, or and wash the house.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
When in Pt Townsend? That is a favorite place for us.

Matt_Colie wrote:
If things go as we hope, we will attend a rally in Shawnee. Then go to Las Vegas to visit, from there to San Diego. That will start a Pacific Coast Road tour that will run to Port Townsend. How we get home from there is still open.

Matt
Edit:

What I didn't say when I wrote this was that east from Washington was to be two pistol and one rifle match.....
California has just enacted laws that make taking these pieces and ammunition into California a big NoNo. They have seem to have de-certified the good old "Peaceable Transit" rules. So I am forbidden to have these pieces, magazines and a reasonable amount of target grade ammunition in the state. That means that either I don't get to my matches or we don't do the coast road. Can't do both now.....
I am going to look into alternatives, but none have come up that I can actually afford.
Sorry California, maybe next life.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Death Valley in March.
Through Yellowstone and into Wyoming in July.
Stanley, Idaho in August for the eclipse.
Johnson Valley / Kramer's Junction / Trona for Thanksgiving.

Then clearing out the current trailer and buying one that will hold up better to off pavement use.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

amberfiretj02
Explorer
Explorer
We both just retired so we're looking forward to a summer of travel. The last few months have been spent getting the house ready to sell and completing a major downsizing, but we're ready to get on the road:
March-mid April: visit family in Arkansas
April-May: Lexington, Kentucky to see the horses at Keeneland, hit the Bourbon Trail, and hiking
May-June: Natchez Trace and Vicksburg Mississippi
July-August: Back to Arkansas and also a week long cruise
September-October: a wedding in Cincinnati and then off to the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia and North Carolina for the fall

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! That is cool, you have a lot of stories to tell... Have fun!
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

amdriven2liv
Explorer
Explorer
2017 plan?

My wife is just finishing her dream of working at Disney World. Next week we set sail on a cruise. When we return, it's homeward bound. Southern route back to Oregon from Florida. This will end our year out.

Once we are home, in June, the renters move out and we begin restoring the house. (It needs some work)

If we get the work completed soon enough, we will do some fall camping before school starts for the Grandkids. And maybe a trip up into Washington.
2004 F350 6.0L 4x4 CC LB King Ranch, Scangauge II
2010 Mountaineer 324RLQ,