cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Cherokee Trailhawk Experience ?

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there with a 2017 Trailhawk for a TOAD ?
I just purchased one and would like advice on
prep for towing and installation of the eyelets for
attaching the tow bar. Would appreciate a private message.
Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
6 REPLIES 6

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
My research says you need the QuadraTrac II tranny, i.e. limited or higher. Overland is a much higher package!!
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
RV-1/2n-FUN wrote:
USMC46 wrote:
Thanks.

ENJOY your Trailhawk. Wife just her 2017 Cherokee Overland 4x4 last Saturday and sadly it is not towable AT ALL. Didn't realize it has to be on a trailer. So much for towing the new car, will have to hook up the Taurus instead.

What is the reason your Overland 4X4 cannot be towed. Looking at the Jeep website, it appears the Overland is just a trim package priced above the Trailhawk - although not all Trailhawks can be towed 4 down - need to read the fine print carefully
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
It takes very detailed study anymore to tell if a vehicle is towable. It may depend on specific options within a popular Make, even Model. ONLY an EXACT match between the specific vehicle and the exact details in the manual.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
USMC46 wrote:
Thanks.

ENJOY your Trailhawk. Wife just her 2017 Cherokee Overland 4x4 last Saturday and sadly it is not towable AT ALL. Didn't realize it has to be on a trailer. So much for towing the new car, will have to hook up the Taurus instead.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
There's a huge amount of people that have, and currently tow the Cherokee without any issues whatsoever. Some belonging to this forum, including myself. Had one for two years and it towed like a dream. No wobble or any other issue.

We,ve owned three Jeep platforms of which we towed four down. Never a problem. What many won't discuss is making sure you have a secure towing system. That includes tire pressures on all vehicles, proper torque on all bolts all vehicles, slop from hitch removed, ride heights, towing heights, shocks and all other suspension and steering components in proper condition, weight distribution proper loading, etc.

As you can see there's a whole lot of things to point fingers at.

richnorsworthy
Explorer
Explorer
The Jeep Cherokees are nice comfortable vehicles, but they do have their problems. The towing issue (wobbling terribly when hitting a rough spot in the road) has hopefully been corrected by FCA by installing the wiring harness to keep power to electronic steering working while towing. We had issues with the electronic parking brake (seemed to come on when we did not turn it on) and our transmission went out twice. We traded ours after all the problems for a Wrangler which is not as comfortable nor has all the conveniences of the Cherokee. You can find the wobbling video on You Tube under 2014 Jeep Cherokee.

Still see a few of them being towed and I am sure there are some that have been doing great. 2014 was the first year of production, do maybe some of the early bugs have been fixed. Good luck!