cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coming to an End.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Well, after nearly four decades I think it is finally time to hang up camping. Trying to maintain a home and an RV is simply not economically viable any longer on our retirement income. Sad, but DW is really not that big of a fan any more either. Add her health issues and I feel, relunctally that the time has come. Will I miss RVing? You bet I will, but like so many other disappointments in life this is just one more sacrifice necessary to support family.
20 REPLIES 20

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I hope you can still hang around to teach the next generation, me included.

X2
God Bless!

road2002runner
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear - you have been around for some time. Read and enjoyed many of your posts. Me? - 10 years with my parents. 10 years with my family, 20 years since retiring. This MAY be my last year - - but I hope not.

All the best.
I'll NEVER be an "EXPERT" (In math.X is an unknown factor and a "SPURT" is just a drip - under pressure)

Y2K F350 Longbox C.C. SRW, 2WD (BIG BLUE)

2011 COUGAR HC 291RLS

Barry, & Zeah - the "wonder" Sheltie

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Ecclesiastes 3:1 says "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" And even if you aren't religious, that statement is true. It appears that your camping season has lasted an impressive 40 years. Now it draws to a close and a new season begins.

DH & I had to stop towing about 3 years ago when his health took a dramatic turn for the worse. It was a very distressing decision. We have our camper permanently parked at a campground that we love, so now we go up there. It's nice, but not the same as hitting the open road and visiting different places. We have maintained friendships in an RV group, so we try to meet up with them 2-3 times a year at their Rallies. Sometimes we host at our campground (yesh!), sometimes we rent a local cabin for 2 days, and sometimes we just make it a day trip.

I wish you the best in this next season of your lives.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to learn that you are coming off the road. Best to you and your family.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have certainly disagreed from time to time on these forums. But, at the end of the day I hope only the best for you and your wife as you enter a new phase of life.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck to you. After 56 years of camping the DW and I have no plans to stop
until we just can't do it any longer.Granted it is getting harder to climb the steps in and out of whatever RV that we have at the present time
samsontdog:o:W

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing stays the same. It's a different phase of life, but still you're alive and I hope you have good health. Cherish the memories of what you've experienced and enjoy what you still can do.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Another life change; older life is full of them :).

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi...Wow forty years of camping .... You will have the many trips to remember.. Good luck..... Jim2007.
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜ž So sorry to hear.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Well Don , I hope you sill stay around the forum ,I have learnt a lot from reading your posts .. ..

I wish you the best of luck in your NON Camping life ! ! !

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes on your new endeavors. Good advice and points you made throughout the years.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Stick around the forum, you have a lot of experience and information to share. ๐Ÿ™‚

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry to hear that you now must change your lifestyle. But, you do not have to end living the dream. You could always engage in building something like this: Click here. Enjoy! Picture yourself building a set like this, and then daydream about you camping there.

There there is always this hobby. I absolutely love these sets of videos too: Click here, enjoy! Or this one: Click here.

And you can continue to enjoy the lifestyle right at home!