cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting for spring

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
After experiencing 1 degree weather in middle Tennessee I am looking forward to our first camping reservation this spring. Seeing the rig sitting by the house makes me think it's calling out, let's go get warm further south. Funny how the mind works in the winter. Anyone else having these thoughts?
32 REPLIES 32

Jim_n_Steph
Explorer
Explorer
Booked a few weekends at popular state parks Potato Creek and Prophetstown where you have book right up to the 6 month window just to get a weekend. Only 7 weeks to pull her out of storage
2003 Silverado 1500HD Vortec 6.0 4.10 2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:
Where we live camping is just starting, let's Go!!!

Might be good if I moved to your area, ha, ha. I think I'll stay here but I AM jealous that you're getting a jump on us. Hope your camping season goes well, as well as everyone on the forum.

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
I hope we get out before then, but I did just make Spring Break reservations! That felt good.

To the comments of the fellow in Tennessee, we are just about year round too. The problem is, once I winterize, I don't much feel like undoing that and redoing just for a weekend. I suppose I could get out without plumbing, but my personal plumbing needs a toilet too often to rely on a bath house. Hmmmm, I suppose a jug could fix that problem.

This past weekend was mid-70's for us. It was hard not to be in the woods somewhere.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Where we live camping is just starting, let's Go!!!
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
What's interesting is how many of us ascribe human qualities to our RVs. I don't feel the same way about my other possessions (and not my stick house, either), but the trailer is definitely a part of the family. Strange, isn't it?

I call mine Baby, and the tow vehicle, Black Beauty ๐Ÿ˜‰

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kittykath wrote:
Got the "when" part of our big summer vacation planned. Now the "what". It's kind of fun taking the time planning where to go and what to see, dreaming of summer while the snow flies outside.

Last fall I was smart enough to list everything that came out of the camper so I wouldn't forget what to restock for the next season. We use up the camping toiletries and condiments over the winter, so part of the fun is shopping and restocking.

I just keep all the perishables in a tote and carry it into the house in the winter. I use and replace items as the winter progresses.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is going to be 42 here on Saturday and 30 that night. There is a state park near me open all year around. I'm considering taking the TT out for the night. I know that my dog would love a walk and a campfire would be nice. It gets dark at 5 but, I will just go to bed early.

We will see.

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
Got the "when" part of our big summer vacation planned. Now the "what". It's kind of fun taking the time planning where to go and what to see, dreaming of summer while the snow flies outside.

Last fall I was smart enough to list everything that came out of the camper so I wouldn't forget what to restock for the next season. We use up the camping toiletries and condiments over the winter, so part of the fun is shopping and restocking.

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
:B :B :B

RVing since 1995.

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
RV show at the Chattanooga Convention Center next weekend. (Jan 20-22) Just to take your mind off.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
profdant139 wrote:
What's interesting is how many of us ascribe human qualities to our RVs. I don't feel the same way about my other possessions (and not my stick house, either), but the trailer is definitely a part of the family. Strange, isn't it?

I have had vehicles back in the day that I felt close to. I would even give them pet names and soon everyone was calling them by that name.

kcfissel
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
Ken

โ€œneedsโ€ and โ€œwantsโ€ are pesky things to distinguish, and the bigger the peskierโ€ฆ

racecitypat
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, so ready for spring and summer. Not a fan of cold weather or snow......
2013 Keystone Sprinter 331 RLS... "the Hillbilly Hilton"
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 CC, 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
www.campingvacationnation.com

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:

And dogs. :B Makes it really tough though when it comes time to let them go. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380