cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storage over dinette and couch in Roo 21SS

Agilitygal
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Roo 21SS for several years now but still seem to have trouble figuring out how best to use some of the storage cubbies. The ones over the couch and dinette are not very tall and really only large enough to fit a plastic shoebox in sideways - I have some plastic dishes in one, put some canned goods in another, bread and chips, etc in another. Just seems like this is a difficult space to work with. Another rough spot is the "closet" as it isn't all that deep front to back, I've resorted to a somewhat narrow plastic drawer unit for clothes. Don't hang much as only a child size hanger will fit. Guess I'm just wondering what other people use various storage areas for. We don't have kids, we're a pair of middle age adults with three Golden retrievers and a cat.
Tom and Judi Q
2008 Rockwood Roo 21SS, 2007 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Diva, Sidra and Yaz - the Golden retriever gang
Ronan - the Maine Coon cat who rules the roost
Ogdensburg, NY
5 REPLIES 5

rhenke813
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis Bob nailed it. You just have to learn how to adjust....for any TT/HTT/FW. We have a lot of cast iron cookware that we store in a lockable rolling chest. The chest stays in the bed of the truck and we get the cookware when we need it. Also, we use plastic chests for odds and ends, and we keep those under our HTT. They double as barriers to keep the dogs from crawling underneath.
Rob & Pauline Henke
Mungo, Shelby, Willie-B-Mine (Sheltie/Sheltie Mixes)
2015 RAM 2500 Diesel, Shamrock 23SS, Jayco X18D
MSG US Army Retired

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Wish I knew how to post pics. We have learned to pack smart and smaller. I would use the smaller space for smaller things. Keep canned food down low to minimize upper center of gravity.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Agilitygal
Explorer
Explorer
Believe me, the cat does not feel outnumbered - he alternates between being "one of the dogs" and "I am a cat, therefore I am boss over all of you (humans included)". His first camping trip was when he was 6 months old. Totally indoor cat - and before anyone asks, his litter box is kept in the shower.

Also, since it is just my husband and I for the human component, we rarely use the back bunk. Therefore the cat's dishes are kept on the "counter" ledge behind the wardrobe to keep the dogs from stealing his food, and I keep dry dog food in a bin on the floor next to the wardrobe. Dog food bowls are picked up after they eat, a water bowl is left in a corner on an absorbent mat to catch any dribbles.

Camping with animals is definitely do-able. Heck, before we had the camper (and cat) we took four Goldens to our breed's National Specialty show and camped in a 10x13 foot tent for nearly two weeks!! After that, being in the HTT is a piece of cake.
Tom and Judi Q
2008 Rockwood Roo 21SS, 2007 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Diva, Sidra and Yaz - the Golden retriever gang
Ronan - the Maine Coon cat who rules the roost
Ogdensburg, NY

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Three goldens. Where do you store the dog food?
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Cat seems a little out numbered.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad