cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Almost done with the new sink install

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been working feverishly trying to get my new stainless steel sink and single lever Moen fixture installed. I installed a Doulton dual candle water filter and a little faucet along with the sink and fixture. Took a lot of hunting to find all the fittings, realize all the different sizes of pex type tubing. My wife is kind of tired of the trailer looking like a work shop.....When I get it done I will try and figure out how to load some pictures
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
19 REPLIES 19

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vintage465 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Nice job ...all of you

Those faucets-----------are they the type that turn on by pulling handle DOWN???

If so....be CAREFUL!!!!

Read about guy that forgot to turn water pump off and handle vibrated open...sink had stopped in so it overflowed and the whole fresh water tank was pumped onto floors

3-fer.......like a perfect storm
Pump ON----handle vibrated down/open-----sink stopper in

If any one had not happened then RV would not have been flooded

Um yeah, read about that guy right after I posted it! Yes that was me! Still recovering from that storm............

Well not yet, but the factory faucet was also single Handel. Luckily the pump switch and light are in plan view.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Nice job ...all of you

Those faucets-----------are they the type that turn on by pulling handle DOWN???

If so....be CAREFUL!!!!

Read about guy that forgot to turn water pump off and handle vibrated open...sink had stopped in so it overflowed and the whole fresh water tank was pumped onto floors

Um yeah, read about that guy right after I posted it! Yes that was me! Still recovering from that storm............
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice job ...all of you

If so....be CAREFUL!!!!

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vintage465 wrote:
Shop Moen 2000 Series 18-in x 25.5-in Stainless Steel Double-Basin Drop-In 1-Hole Residential Kitchen Sink at Lowes.com

Shop Moen 2000 Series 18-in x 25.5-in Stainless Steel Double-Basin Drop-In ...
Find Moen 2000 Series 18-in x 25.5-in Stainless Steel Double-Basin Drop-In 1-Hole Residential Kitchen Sink at Lo...

This is the sink I used.

Vintage, thanks again for sharing the model number of your sink. It arrived Friday and I installed today.
I also replaced the drain baskets, I found it awesome that the drain pipes fit back on perfectly.

Old out and resizing the hole. It needed to grow about 1-1/2" wide and about 3/4" deep.

This is the sink installed.

Direct comparison of old and new, larger big bowl, as slightly narrower side bowl.

Vintage, thanks for the thought, I also took the opportunity to add shut off valves to the water lines.

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
CharlesinGA wrote:
Your new stainless sink appears to have a dent in the front flange of it, about the middle of the wide basin, or is that a light aberration from light thru the window/flash. Was it a second or scratch and dent item?

Charles

Yes I noticed that when we got to the campsite last week end! It wasn't there when I set it it with the sealant around the bottom. Thinking I may have caused that when "helped it down" with the palm of my hand while I was tightening down the clips under the sink. Figured it's birth mark now!
V-465

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Your new stainless sink appears to have a dent in the front flange of it, about the middle of the wide basin, or is that a light aberration from light thru the window/flash. Was it a second or scratch and dent item?

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
myredracer wrote:
Vintage465 wrote:
I had this little faucet in my stash to use with the new Dualton Filter. Not sure I'm happy with it. It drips now and then.

Nice job. DW will love using it... ๐Ÿ™‚

Should not drip and you don't want it to get worse over time. Is it a cheap one or better quality one? I installed a non-air gap RO faucet at our kitchen sink and bought a good one with a ceramic cartridge and it works fine. Can't remember the brand. I also installed a Doulton ceramic filter and then I also installed an ultrafiltration filter (0.2 micron). I used 10" whole house cartridges for ours and put them right under the sink.

Our TT came with an under-mount stainless steel sink and pull-down faucet. We almost never use the pull-down feature. The weight on the flex line has not been a problem.

The little faucet was one that had ordered for my bathrooms Reverse Osmosis system in my house. When I got it, it wouldn't extend far enough through the counter(tile) to get the nut on to hold it down let alone the tubing and fittings. So it was in my stash. $15.00 if I remember right. It will likely irritate me enough that I will eventually find a better one and put it in.
V-465

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
Vintage465 wrote:
Shop Moen 2000 Series 18-in x 25.5-in Stainless Steel Double-Basin Drop-In 1-Hole Residential Kitchen Sink at Lowes.com

Find Moen 2000 Series 18-in x 25.5-in Stainless Steel Double-Basin Drop-In 1-Hole Residential Kitchen Sink at Lo...

This is the sink I used.

Thank you!
That will be an almost perfect fit replacement for our old resin sink also,nooks like a little wider than current.

Will go well with our current faucet. ๐Ÿ™‚

This sink you have is the same and the one I yanked out except mine was "almond" color. If I remember right I cut our 7/8" out of the left side of the existing hole and 1/2 or 5/8" off the back of the hole up against the wall/back splash. I now have about 1-1/2" of counter showing between the edge of the sink and the back splash. Believe it or not the worst part of the job is the dust that cutting out the counter created. I cut it with a 4-1/2" circular saw with a plywood type blade. We will be cleaning dust for months.
V-465

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vintage465 wrote:
I had this little faucet in my stash to use with the new Dualton Filter. Not sure I'm happy with it. It drips now and then.

Nice job. DW will love using it... ๐Ÿ™‚

Should not drip and you don't want it to get worse over time. Is it a cheap one or better quality one? I installed a non-air gap RO faucet at our kitchen sink and bought a good one with a ceramic cartridge and it works fine. Can't remember the brand. I also installed a Doulton ceramic filter and then I also installed an ultrafiltration filter (0.2 micron). I used 10" whole house cartridges for ours and put them right under the sink.

Our TT came with an under-mount stainless steel sink and pull-down faucet. We almost never use the pull-down feature. The weight on the flex line has not been a problem.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vintage465 wrote:

This is the sink I used.

Thank you!
That will be an almost perfect fit replacement for our old resin sink also,nooks like a little wider than current.

Will go well with our current faucet. ๐Ÿ™‚

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III

This is the sink I used.
V-465

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's very nice. It looks much like what I did in my Prevost but it was a large single bowl ceramic sink and I found a SS replacement at Lowe's or Home Depot that fit without any counter modifications at all. There were plumbing changes necessary but the hole was perfect. I added an Insta-Hot where you put the filtered water. The wife wasn't sure she would ever have a need for it and now wondered how we ever lived without it! There were 3 holes so the soap dispenser filled that nicely.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very nice! Is the sink a stock item at Lowe's? What are the dimensions of the new sink?

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
That looks so much nicer than the original sink.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10