Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

D'Artgnan's Annual Freezer Sale

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Gosh, I live for these moments:B

http://www.dartagnan.com/current-sale.html
What to get..what to get this year? A saddle of rabbit to freak out my DGD? Ohhh don't worry. There's always a piece of chicken made at the same time when I get all "Frenchified" on her - the Princess will nevah starve.

I keep lusting for the Wagyu burgers yet never pulled the plug in the past. However this year they are offering 5 lbs of Wagyu beef at a much better price than the premade patties. I can make patties myself so it's time to buy:C. Might make a nice addition to our annual Bastille Day "partay" at the campground.

GOT to get a cassoulet kit minus the bowl(I've lots of 8 qt pots/casseroles already on hand.. not to mention my mother's CI Dutch oven I'm stealing from her. Oops) this year cuz the man has requested the dish for his birthday. He loves American food just fine but over the years I've taken him to the "dark side" with international cusines; he's a good egg:).

We still guffaw when I tell him the story of the first time I made cassoulet.
The ex and I had just returned to the USA to settle here permanently from a few years in Europe. Wanted to make him feel at home so spent a FULL week sourcing the ingredients and making this dish. Waited for his reaction after the first taste with bated breath. He pronounced it better than his mother's and I got alllllll puffy w/ pride. Then he said his mother just opened up a can.

Oh well. We all need deflation from time to time.

Alright I'll admit it: already put a buffalo roast and veal chops in my shopping cart. My freezer will overflowth.

Hope you find a something you like:).
1 REPLY 1

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the heads up:c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus