cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Number 1, Again

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
As posted last year, after having been ranked the number one Golden Retriever in NADAC agility for three years, 2012 through 2014, Breeze's ranking fell to number two for 2015. She and I are getting older.

Well, for 2016, she is again ranked number one. Although she will be 11 next month, we really did have a good year. Perhaps she didn't like me starting to compete with Razz and wanted to show the youngster that she wasn't ready to retire. Toward the end of the year, I did start cutting back on the number of classes she competes in. As long as she stays healthy and eager, we'll keep on running.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)
11 REPLIES 11

corgi-traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, that's the second photo I've seen today of an A-frame covered in snow!
Congrats on your rankings...it takes a strong team to have that level of consistency.
Buddy (now at the Bridge) ran NADAC as a Skilled Veteran until just shy of his 10th birthday - we don't get many NADAC trials around here. He was running AKC at 8 inches (regular height) as late as July of this past year, about a month before he started showing symptoms of his cancer.
Diva hasn't run any agility since October, when I fell and did a number on my ankle. Still haven't been cleared to run by my Dr.
Samantha (the poster)
Tim, DH and driver of the CorgiMobile
Dexter and Dora - Pembroke Welsh Corgis
Gone but never forgotten -
Beth 1/11/94-6/3/09
Pippin 3/16/05-11/4/15
Buddy 11/7/05-10/24/16
Diva 1/9/09 - 8/20/20

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations Breeze!

She's a golden - OF COURSE she's great and Number 1. The only reason she was number 2 last year is because she thought the other dogs were getting hurt feelings. They obviously told her they weren't so she'ss back doing it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a foster dog (shepherd/husky) who did agility for years with her family. She was the fastest dog of all of them and could just blur through the course. And she loved it! Until she got to the competitions. As soon as they'd start, that dang dog would race out of the ring and visit her dog friends (the same friends she saw during practices and ignored). I had to explain to her mom that Meg was just making it clear that she was the boss and not to expect her to just do things on command. That dog was just too dang smart and loved to keep you on your toes. And she'd laugh the entire time.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
After having taken an introductory agility class last fall with three year old rescue Lab, Ollie, all I can say is "My hat's off to you!" What a tremendous amount of work the two of you have put in...and an 11 year old Golden still competing at top form is amazing!

dturm
An impressive record, indeed.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
A very impressive record, especially for a "senior" lady!! Congratulations!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Congratulations to you and your beautiful Breeze!
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! :C

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well done, Breeze!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
congrats. That is very impressive.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Keep running her as long as she looks good and wants to do it.
Mark
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
That's great! She is pretty. Our Golden (Gracie) just turned 2.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB