cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos from PA Farm Show Sheepdog Trial

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
We competed with 2 dogs each at the PA Farm Show Sheepdog Trial. This was an indoor arena trial with the format of time points. There was a predefined order for the obstacles and you got a point for each sheep that made the obstacle. All was to be completed within 4min; ties in points were broken by time (fastest wins). Saturday was the qualifying round; about 45 teams ran; the top 15 made it into the semi-finals on Sunday followed by the top 5 in the finals. Saturday's runs was recorded by PCN but I have not seen the recording. Trial host will ask when the recording will be re-aired.

My wife qualified 2nd with Tally; Grant was excided and didn't make the top 15. Me and Lee qualified 10th; Nell was freaked out by the crowds and did not run well.

My wife and Tally placed 3rd in the semis making the final round. Lee placed 6th in the finals; just missing the finals.

Tally finished 3rd in the finals.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M
7 REPLIES 7

corgi-traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work.
I haven't picked up a stock stick or taken the dogs out to herd since we lost Buddy. Just haven't felt like it. Watching your runs has sort of reminded me of the good times with Buddy, and how I need to get back out there with the youngsters.
Samantha (the poster)
Tim, DH and driver of the CorgiMobile
Dexter and Dora - Pembroke Welsh Corgis
Gone but never forgotten -
Beth 1/11/94-6/3/09
Pippin 3/16/05-11/4/15
Buddy 11/7/05-10/24/16
Diva 1/9/09 - 8/20/20

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations and thanks for the videos. I really like watching herding dogs work.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
I love watching these videos - the training and control are amazing!!!
I am so very pleased how much self control my 2year old boy has been showing while working since he can be such a wide open yahoo off stock (being a 2 year old boy). I'm hoping in 2018 he will really start to shine at trialing. This year I expect he will have moments or individual runs that are great followed by runs where he acts his age. I don't expect real consistency until he is 6 or 7 (age his grandma, mother, and aunts were consistently placing with the best in North America).
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
2007 Nash 22M

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steve 83406 wrote:
Great video. All my BC knows how to herd is my cat!
LOL, we had a German Shepherd who did that.

Great vid BCS.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I love watching these videos - the training and control are amazing!!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Steve_83406
Explorer
Explorer
Great video. All my BC knows how to herd is my cat!

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
A friend's interview was used to add captions to the photo essay posted at Pennlive.com

There is a video posted on pa farm show Facebook page; the first frame shown is the one with a single white post in the middle of the arena video. We are not in the two runs recorded on this video.

We recorded Lee's run in the semi-finals: Lee at 2016 PA Farm Show Sheepdog Trial
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M