cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montana High Country 380 / 381 / TH

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
seen a Montana High Country 381TH.. Toy Hauler.2017, new model.

man. nice garage.. smaller but a good design.
bedroom and bathroom on same level
bed is powered up/down.. but no entry to garage.. OK by me.
power up/down.. in both bedroom and garage.
springs instead of cables for big door.

living room.. main seats Face television..
good amount of storage.
17 REPLIES 17

Dthogey
Explorer
Explorer
thomas232 wrote:
We purchased an 381th 5 weeks ago. So far so good.

We love it and it is totally comfortable and functional. I work a lot from home so it is really nice having a kitchen table to post up the laptop for long periods. Living room is great!

My only complaint is the garage ramp and the height of the RV. The angle is too steep and my Harley VROD scrapes.

Be glad to answer any questions.

We really love that unit! I have a 2015 GMC Denali 3/4 ton Duramax. I think this camper would be about the max I would be able to pull with my current truck. We have a motorcycle we would love to be able to haul around and this RV allows for doing that and not losing any nice living space

thomas232
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased an 381th 5 weeks ago. So far so good.

We love it and it is totally comfortable and functional. I work a lot from home so it is really nice having a kitchen table to post up the laptop for long periods. Living room is great!

My only complaint is the garage ramp and the height of the RV. The angle is too steep and my Harley VROD scrapes.

Be glad to answer any questions.

vonzoog
Explorer
Explorer
Oldcow wrote:
Hello vonzoog 🙂

Subscribing as I am interested on any information on this new Montana as well.

Oldcow

Holy Cow, Oldcow, you're everywhere. Made me laugh that you popped up on this thread. You're doing the right thing. Keep doing your homework.
If you have to ask why I drive a Diesel, then you will never understand.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW
Cummins(370/800) 68RE Auto 3.73 Rear
2018 Momentum 376TH

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
Hello vonzoog 🙂

Subscribing as I am interested on any information on this new Montana as well.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

diranu99
Explorer
Explorer
This topic is a little old but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I too would love the GD but it is significantly heavier than the Montana. If you don't have a truck to pull the GD, it doesn't matter how much nicer it is compared to the Montana. I am within legal limits to tow the Montana but not the GD. Even though the GD is a sweet unit, and I would love it, it is out of my trucks legal capabilities. I won't be changing trucks as the one I have is fairly new, so the Montana is looking pretty good to me.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
stro1965 wrote:
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
GD is 90
Montana is 60.

There are reasons...

fuel station... I do not need one.. my motorcycle holds 5 gallons. so 225 range. and its a Road Bike.

Absolutely. I agree. I'd like to have the Montana but I'd love to have the GD! Either would suit my needs perfectly.

but my budget.. I am looking at a Montana 347THT. 2009-10.
need to stay under 12,000 pounds.
learning all I can about front Frame flex/cracking on Montana's... not alot of them do it .. but they do.

I have seen the GD and Montana 380 in person... both look Great.. and YES the GD is way above.

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
GD is 90
Montana is 60.

There are reasons...

fuel station... I do not need one.. my motorcycle holds 5 gallons. so 225 range. and its a Road Bike.

Absolutely. I agree. I'd like to have the Montana but I'd love to have the GD! Either would suit my needs perfectly.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
GD is 90
Montana is 60.

There are reasons...

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
Having looked at both the GD and the Montana within the past few weeks, the GD is heads and shoulders above the Montana in fit and finish and overall quality. The only thing similar is the floorplan. If I could swing that GD pricetag Id have one tomorrow!
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7

jcain
Explorer
Explorer
The montana 380th has triple axles and optional gen/prep. It lacks a fuel station, as does the solitude (vs momentum)
2014 Avalanche 355rk
2016 F350 CC-DRW Fx4, Tow Boss, Monochromatic King Ranch,Fox 2.0, Pmf Fox 2.0 DSS, OUO ALA, OUO spring thing, OUO traction blocks & bars, AL 5000 ultimate + wireless one, AMP steps,Projectors, Rigid d2 fog lights and 30"sr light bar.

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I am in love with the GD 376TH but it's just a little out of range for me. So this new Montana has piqued my interest!
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7

vonzoog
Explorer
Explorer
Very similar floor plan. However the grand design has triple axles, generator, fuel tank, etc. etc. The Montana as twin axles and a residential refrigerator. Design for probably two different types of use.

The GD is better setup for boondocking. Montana cheaper and could be a better deal if you are at campgrounds with electric.
If you have to ask why I drive a Diesel, then you will never understand.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW
Cummins(370/800) 68RE Auto 3.73 Rear
2018 Momentum 376TH

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,

GD 376 is 100k
Montana 380 is 60k

unless I am missing something.

but does look like Montana copied the GD 376

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
salesman said garage is for gulf cart.. motorcycle should fit.

not able to find measurements for front to rear.. just left/right and up/down.

looks better then a big empty box. and better sleeping arrangements.. my opinion.

Factory website is so Lacking on the unit.
salesman had to look up its weight.. his papers did not have it.
I was at a small RV show in Texas.