cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Orleans RV Resorts

lukeh
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking for an RV resort for March of 2017. Looking at New Orleans. I read good things about Pontchartrain Landing. I will be traveling with our 5 kids. Oldest is 16, youngest is 8. Looking for a safe RV resort. Any thoughts? Also wanted to get oppinions on local family attractions you may recommend.

Thanks!

Luke
8 REPLIES 8

apr67
Explorer
Explorer

What is "yuck"about bourbon street? Never been, but it's on the list.
Thanks,Mike

With kids the yuck could be first couple of blocks from Canal street that have a few strip clubs and other houses of ill repute. Depending on the kids age it could lead to questions that you might no be ready to answer.

After dark, and especially later at night, the whole thing can become sketchy. Very obvious cross dressers, folks propositioning, drunks puking. Not a place I would take my kids, but they are younger (11 and under) and not all that worldly. However I might take them for lunch.

It really depends on your kids age, and how sheltered they are.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

DennisVR
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I walked Bourbon Street yesterday and had a great time. We are staying at Bayou Segnette State Park with water and Elec. for $20 a night. Took the Algiers ferry to the French Quarters.

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
RinconVTR wrote:
My kids were 10 and 11 when we stayed at the New Orleans KOA a few nights. Kids had fun in the pool at night as they always do. But the 2nd & 3rd night we were out late and it didn't matter what the campground had for the kids.

WW2 museum...its a must see.

We also took the trolley from just behind the museum (quick walk to the Robert Lee circle with trolley stop in front of circle bar) to Bourbon street area including Jackson Square. So much to see...so many good eats...great experience. But we will never walk down Bourbon street ever again! They say its better since the hurricane floods? Yuck!

There are steamboat and swamp boat tours around as well. But we did that stuff in Mobile, which was fun for the kids, but not very impressive.

What is "yuck"about bourbon street? Never been, but it's on the list.
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
St Bernard State Park
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
French Quarter RV Resort - easy walk to the French Quarter & Bourbon Street. No worries about parking (or extra expense) and yes, there's a pool for the kids.

Be sure to take the Algiers Ferry for a $2 ride across the mighty Mississippi - best deal in town. Leaves from Canal Street. We also enjoyed a tour from park rangers at the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park (although it might be a bit dry for kids).

Just wandering people watching & listening to street music was great for us. ENJOY!
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind Mardi Gras is early this year, Feb 28th

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
My kids were 10 and 11 when we stayed at the New Orleans KOA a few nights. Kids had fun in the pool at night as they always do. But the 2nd & 3rd night we were out late and it didn't matter what the campground had for the kids.

WW2 museum...its a must see.

We also took the trolley from just behind the museum (quick walk to the Robert Lee circle with trolley stop in front of circle bar) to Bourbon street area including Jackson Square. So much to see...so many good eats...great experience. But we will never walk down Bourbon street ever again! They say its better since the hurricane floods? Yuck!

There are steamboat and swamp boat tours around as well. But we did that stuff in Mobile, which was fun for the kids, but not very impressive.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
At first I thought no way New Orleans for kids. Then I did a Google and founds lots. One site being New Orleans for Kids.
Hope you have a great visit.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog