cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Headlights 2002 Winnebago Sightseer

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone upgraded the headlights on an early 2000 Sightseer? They look about the size of sealed beams. They aren't cloudy or scratched, but the light output is dim. If I could get Ecodes from Daniel Stern that would be ideal. Maybe a bulb upgrade. Anyone know the bulb size?
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.
9 REPLIES 9

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed Hella E codes from Amazon. The sealed beams light output looked yellow. New Hellas look whiter and brighter. I'll try to find the ground and clean it before the next trip.
Jim & Sherri

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
They are glass and have Sylvania cast on them, so they must be sealed beams. I can get Hella Ecodes on Amazon, so I'm going to go that route. I may be able to get a Hella HID kit, and if I can, that will add a little brightness in a european spec glass light.
Jim & Sherri

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need a closer photo to determine.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget the ground connection near the headlights. They need to be cleaned periodically...especially in a salted roads area if it's driven or high moisture area if it isn't.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
If they are sealed beam take a look at Truck Lite LED bulbs

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I saw a bulb in there. I'll try get the number off the glass. I just didn't want to have to take it apart in the middle of January.
Jim & Sherri

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get the numbers cast into the headlights and google them to find out who made them. Then you can look for upgrades that will fit.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call car parts 1_800-702-1308.
I have a 2003 Fleetwood.The headlights on MH were from a 2002 GMC Yukon. We're the same ones cost $27.51 each.They were complete lights with bulbs. Went in easy.

You may have to send a picture of the ones on your MH.

I went to there Web site Car parts .com and found them.

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
They ARE sealed beams, right?

If it's a Ford chassis, the voltage at the bulbs IS terrible. (If it's a Workhorse, voltage MIGHT be terrible.) Consider fixing that after making sure the bulbs are good, and they are aimed good.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis