cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creature Comforts Advice Wanted

RvNewbieFl
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to hear about what is your creature comforts while rv'ing... Rather it's your favorite mattress, favorite shower head, favorite grill, favorite couch, favorite stoarge containers, favorite whatever that makes your rv experience that much better... I would love to hear about it... what are some of your favorite creature comforts...?
41 REPLIES 41

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
3 dogs in case it gets cold.

RvNewbieFl
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to list items I use in my home almost everyday but couldn't imagine going on the road without... Because i live in Florida there are days I just don't want to heat up the house with the oven.
Power cooker XLR 8qt... I bought mine from sams club but I seen them at Target for 119.99...
Oster -20qt roaster
I used it this year for my delicious 15 pound turkey and used the oven to bake pies...
Capressor... Iced tea maker - I live on a farm and grow.. peaches, strawberries, raspberries, and more... and put them in the ice tea pitcher and make wonderful infused ice tea...
Avalon Bay portable Ice maker... I bought this is in November for the rv... but I have used it several times now when I have extra company...love it.

I have several things still on my want list.... but those are things I use at home... I couldn't imagen leaving without....

Jim_n_Steph
Explorer
Explorer
AC, cookware and hoping to add soon recliners to replace the sofa
2003 Silverado 1500HD Vortec 6.0 4.10 2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
For us it was a mattress upgrade,cutting board to fit over the sink for added counter space, hook hangers on the inside & outside of the bathroom door, an outside fan, good camp chairs,Weber Go-Anywhere gas barbeque.

Going to add shelves in the wardrobe closet and replace all bulbs with LED's

Airborn805
Explorer
Explorer
A Dutch oven for the fire pit and a good bottle of wine

Rovito
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have looked at those rocking chairs for so long now. I should just break down and buy a pair for this summer.
2001 Ford F150 pulling a KZ Sportsmen classic 19BH.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said, mine are things I didn't know it were "luxury" items until I upgraded to my second TT and they were standard. For me it is

1. a water heater that lights with a flick of an inside switch instead of sitting outside peering into the little access door with a lighter in one hand and a flashlight in the other- and usually in pouring rain.

2. An electric awning versus the little shepherd hook thing that I was too short to easily hook to pull out/roll in the manual awning, and had to be careful to make sure was snapped closed before we set off.

As for add-on creature comforts - rocking chairs!
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/314162058996851452?lsf=seller:4008471,store:5634639168331675...
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
A bed you can exit without crawling over your partner.
A large bath room.
A large pantry.
A lot of storage space inside and out.
Access to kitchen and bath with slide closed.
Tools and gear to change a TT tire.

The rest is stuff you can buy at Wal-Mart as needed.

Yep, all this.
And my Andersen hitch. And Andersen type levelers. 18 V drill. 12V compressor.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I have to echo access to the fridge and bathroom with the slide closed. Coming back from CA after Thanksgiving with a broken slide support, that was key to making it a comfy overnight instead of looking for a hotel.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
A bed you can exit without crawling over your partner.
A large bath room.
A large pantry.
A lot of storage space inside and out.
Access to kitchen and bath with slide closed.
Tools and gear to change a TT tire.

The rest is stuff you can buy at Wal-Mart as needed.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Ice maker and a CPAP machine that runs on 12v keeps me happy.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have a hammock. I find them uncomfortable for me. But, I do have a folding cot in a bag that is quite comfortable if you leave the end pieces off. I sometimes fall asleep on it near the campfire and wake up at 2 AM to find the fire out and the campground quiet.

I have no dangerous animals in my area but, I've been lucky so far that a raccoon has not yet crawled around on me . lol

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
wowens79 wrote:
Weber Q and a hammock ๐Ÿ™‚

THIS! Whenever we go somewhere for longer than a weekend trip, I usually bring the hammock and stand. We go to the lake for 7-10 day trips and I always bring the hammock. After breakfast, take a walk and then a nap by the water for a couple hours until lunch. Its a tough life :B
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Large battery, large inverter, large solar is my creature comfort. I can run what I want anytime without worry. For some it might be a built in generator.

All the above previous posts contain the necessities.