Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restock between Glacier and Banff

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
33foot TT

Our plans now call for us to dry camp at Bakers Hole at YS for 3 nights. Then to spend 3 night dry camping at St Marys CG at Glacier NP (I think St Marys has a dump and fresh water to fill the water tank) then drive to Banff and camp at Tunnel Mountain. I think we need to stop some place between Glacier and Banff with FHU and a good grocery store to restock after the 6 days of dry camping.

This will only be a restock stop. Any suggestion?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
5 REPLIES 5

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Yup Waterton Springs Campground has full hookups. They are open for reservations on the 1st of May I believe. Look for their web site. Stayed there last summer for a couple of weeks. You're a couple of miles north of Waterton National Park, which has a full hook up campground also. It's part of the International Peace Park(Glacier and Waterton). You still have to get a pass although entry is free for 2017. I'd rather go there then Banff, anytime. Not as busy as Banff. Cameron Lake is just as beautiful as Lake Louise, IMHO. Red Rock Canyon is a nice drive also. You are right in the mountains there. There's also a boat ride you can take, from the townsite, and it goes into Montana and back. It stops at Goat Haunt for a while and you can get out and stretch your legs. Lots of things to do and so little time to do it.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canmore would meet your needs but you may have trouble making reservations by now,the cg's may be booked up.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Pipeman wrote:
What is your route coming into Canada?

Does Waterton Springs have FHU?

I am open to all suggestions. I wanted to by-pass Calgary and stay as close to the mountains as possible. The last time when I went to AK, I spent a few days (in the early Spring) in Lethbridge because I wanted to kill a few days before I went father North. This trip will be later in the season and we want to spend more time in the Parks.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
What is your route coming into Canada? If 89 go up to 17 to 6 and maybe try the Waterton Springs Campground for a night and then north to Pincher Creek. From Waterton Springs Campground it's about a 30 mile drive to Pincher Creek. There are a few grocery stores there. Wally Mart for one. From Pincher Creek you can catch 3 Westbound and go to Hwy 22(the cowboy trail), if you would like to drive along the foothills, to the trans Canada(HWY 1)westbound through Canmore to Banff. Just a thought.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed here several years back.Daisy May

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker