cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boy, Do I Miss Ful-timing

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
While sitting in a waiting area at the local VA medical center I spotted a couple of Rving magazines on a table nearby. As an ex-full-timer I knew I really shouldn't have done it, but I began reading them. Oh, for life on the open road again! As I looked at the specs on the various RV's being highlighted ,various campground reviews and other Rving articles, I found myself really longing for what I feel is the perfect lifestyle for me. I started my full-timing in the late 80's in a small fiberglass camper mounted on an under powered 4 cyl. Toyota truck I then graduated to a class C Lazydaze (probably the finest crafted RV I'd ever owned), then went to a 29' Class A motor home (Flair, no slides), behind which I towed my Saturn. This was a good arrangement for quite a few years until I bought a 30' Hitchhiker fiver and Dodge diesel truck at the same time, which served me well until recently, when a medical situation took me out of Rving. I've had to live in apartments since then (and I'm not a big fan of apartment living).

While reading those journals I noticed an article on a Class B camper (Roadtrek). I thought to myself, if I ever got back into full-timing, I might just enjoy this type of vehicle since I've lived in small campers before. Unfortunately, that will be quite a while in the future. In the meantime the threads on this forum bring back pleasant memories of the past. At least I feel fortunate that I was able to experience the joys of full-timing for as long as I did. In the meantime, I'll be secretly riding along with you folks as I read your experiences on RV.net. I wish you all many years of safe, enjoyable full-time Rving.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
7 REPLIES 7

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your service!!
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, Tiger 4X4 RV. That's a nice camper picture you have in your signature! I could easily picture myself in something like that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you, everyone for your kind thoughts.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
wish you the best and HOPE you can find a way back ๐Ÿ™‚

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
All the best to you Mr ED! We have been RV'ers since 1998. Prior to that we lived on a boat for a few years. We are getting prepared to full time, as both of us have some health issues. Trying to keep up with our home and an RV is too much on us now....We are both in our sixtys and ready for the road. Hopefully you will be able to travel once again/
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I've appreciated the wisdom in your posts over the years and hope that such posts will continue. You have a lot of experience to offer.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your kind thoughts. Medical problems have kept us close to home this past year and so I can kind of relate to how you miss being a full timer.
Hopefully traveling in a B class van will be in your future. Keep well.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Wish you the best Mr. Ed !

Hopefully you return to the RV life you enjoy ! Please not only read, but post your vast RV experience for others to learn from !

BTW - You look heathy as a horse in you signature pic !

Best of health to you !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !