cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW to Mex - BUT not travel

road2002runner
Explorer
Explorer
We have been RVr's for a LOOOONG time - but only air into PV.Mex.

We do Calif. and Ariz. every year - for the last 20. This year thinking week/10 days in Rockey Point - P/P or on the other side San F. So we are NEW - Maybe a caravan - if one is going that way, or just head out.
Questions would include - Ins. - cell - RV parks, etc.

Would appreciate info that you wish to offer .

Thanks to all.
I'll NEVER be an "EXPERT" (In math.X is an unknown factor and a "SPURT" is just a drip - under pressure)

Y2K F350 Longbox C.C. SRW, 2WD (BIG BLUE)

2011 COUGAR HC 291RLS

Barry, & Zeah - the "wonder" Sheltie

12 REPLIES 12

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
cgmartine wrote:
I have to hand it to you all, you are hearty and brave souls. Either that, or very naive and foolish. Going down to Mexico? No. Taking my motorhome? No. And I was born and raised in Guadalajara, so I know first hand, the situation, which has never been as bad as it is today. Nonetheless, I envy you, for you are an adventureous bunch, especially you Canadians. I am just no brave enough to venture into the same territory from which I escaped. Just my thoughts...no offense...

I guess we each have our reasons for escaping. I escaped from the U.S. and have been here forever. Couldn't imagine ever going back knowing how bad it is today. I admire you for staying away from Mexico so long. That takes courage. The state of Jalisco is one of my favorite boondocking places in Mexico.

Agreed----thumbs up!

All my Mexican friends (and its a bunch) who thought they were doing the right thing by going to the U.S. now regret it and wish they could come back. They can't. Their kids were born in the U.S. so they are stuck.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
cgmartine wrote:
I have to hand it to you all, you are hearty and brave souls. Either that, or very naive and foolish. Going down to Mexico? No. Taking my motorhome? No. And I was born and raised in Guadalajara, so I know first hand, the situation, which has never been as bad as it is today. Nonetheless, I envy you, for you are an adventureous bunch, especially you Canadians. I am just no brave enough to venture into the same territory from which I escaped. Just my thoughts...no offense...

I guess we each have our reasons for escaping. I escaped from the U.S. and have been here forever. Couldn't imagine ever going back knowing how bad it is today. I admire you for staying away from Mexico so long. That takes courage. The state of Jalisco is one of my favorite boondocking places in Mexico.

All my Mexican friends (and its a bunch) who thought they were doing the right thing by going to the U.S. now regret it and wish they could come back. They can't. Their kids were born in the U.S. so they are stuck.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
cgmartine wrote:

Glad you escaped and I hope you stay happy in your safe place (sarcasm on)....you sound boring.....Just my thought..no offense
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
You will have fun. A first easy taste to RVing in Mexico.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Wm.Elliot wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
I have worked off and on in El Paso over the last few years and when I rent a car there is a big sign announcing rentals to Mexico. I asked the person at the counter and she said people rent all the time to go to Mexico.

Do they still require a letter from the rental agency allowing use in Mexico?

The agency, in my case it was Enterprise, puts together a complete package including the Mexico insurance policy for revision at the Mexican border.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

road2002runner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all 🙂
I'll NEVER be an "EXPERT" (In math.X is an unknown factor and a "SPURT" is just a drip - under pressure)

Y2K F350 Longbox C.C. SRW, 2WD (BIG BLUE)

2011 COUGAR HC 291RLS

Barry, & Zeah - the "wonder" Sheltie

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
I have worked off and on in El Paso over the last few years and when I rent a car there is a big sign announcing rentals to Mexico. I asked the person at the counter and she said people rent all the time to go to Mexico.

Do they still require a letter from the rental agency allowing use in Mexico?

Talleyho69
There have also been a couple of postings addressing just what you are asking. Use the search feature.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
At the top of this forum you will find lots of info in the Stickies about insurance and other technical stuff. Some insurance companies do cover vehicles for comprehensive in Mexico but you still have to get Mexican liability insurance from a Mexican insurance company. Many people here suggest Lewis & Lewis for insurance . . . http://www.mexicanautoinsurance.com/ . . . because of their customer service. They are brokers. There are a few Mexican insurance companies and lots of brokers. The brokers all sell the same insurance.

You can find information about RV parks and other stuff on the two websites below. Lots of information. Some may be outdated as things are constantly changing. Always check here or call places for current info. Why stop at Puerto Penasco? Keep going to experience all of Mexico. PP can get you feet wet. So much more to see and do all over Mexico. The road logs at ontheroadin are worth every penny.

http://www.ontheroadin.com/

http://rollinghomes.com/

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's so safe, the rental car companies even let you fly into Phoenix and take a rental car from the US down to Rocky Point. Lot's of people from AZ just leave their RV down there full time and drive down on the weekends in their cars. Go, enjoy.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.