cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me find the right toy hauler

HELIPILOT27
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot seem to find the right toyhauler. I don't have a crazy needs list but the needs I have are specific and can't be bent.
- It needs to be a bumper pull
- front bedroom
- no hallway to bedroom
- smooth sided
- minimum 12' 8" from the rear door to the first cabinet
- minimum width for RZR is 73"
- as short as possible that meets these criteria
- not crazy expensive

I can't use a 5'er cause my wife is wheelchair bound and the steps won't work. No hallway cause it's a pain for her to get into a bathroom if she has to turn 90 degrees (in a hallway) to enter. My RZR XP4 is exactly 12' 6" from the front edge of the front tires to the back edge of the rear tires and exactly 72" from outer edge to outer edge of tires.

Anyone know of one that works that I just can't find?
The floor plan of the Genesis Supreme 23SS is perfect if the cargo area was just a little longer. I measured one in person and it's 12' exactly from the door to the front cabinet. Ugh
But that gives an idea of the floor plan I'm really looking for.

Thanks!!
14 REPLIES 14

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
HELIPILOT27 wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a Genesis 23SS with the intention of doing a 6” extension. The problem was that with the RZR inside it, it was a little light on the tongue and wanted to sway. I didn’t want to make the problem worse by adding weight to the rear so I ended up buying some little golf cart tires for the rear of the RZR and loading it backwards (rear engine). Fits like a glove and with dual sway controllers it’s rock steady.
The only hassle is that I have to R&R the rear tires each time I want to load it but my Milwaukee M18 impact and an aluminum jack make it fairly painless.

creative solution, kind of like what they do with Monster Trucks. I like it!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

HELIPILOT27
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a Genesis 23SS with the intention of doing a 6” extension. The problem was that with the RZR inside it, it was a little light on the tongue and wanted to sway. I didn’t want to make the problem worse by adding weight to the rear so I ended up buying some little golf cart tires for the rear of the RZR and loading it backwards (rear engine). Fits like a glove and with dual sway controllers it’s rock steady.
The only hassle is that I have to R&R the rear tires each time I want to load it but my Milwaukee M18 impact and an aluminum jack make it fairly painless.

OR_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if you have found what you need, but how about an ATC 8.5 x 28 with tip-out bed?

http://aluminumtoyhauler.com/models.html

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
Look on the RZR forums. That is a huge vehicle to put INSIDE a toy hauler.

Maybe look for a wheelchair accessible motorhome and pull the RZR on an open trailer.

http://www.rvproperty.com/handicapped-rvs-for-sale/
2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at the Genesis 23FS? maybe you can order it from the factory to meet your needs. If the 19ss configurations works for you now - then your best bet would be the 23ss. Same configuration just a bit longer and overhead bunks.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

HELIPILOT27
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone, thank you so much for the input and suggestions!

1320Fastback wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
Not sure that any toy hauler doors are wheelchair accessible.

Call Genesis, a good friend of mine custom ordered his 40' from them. Not sure what exactly they changed but he said they got to pick and chose what they wanted. Maybe they could delete a cabinet.

I actually have a Genesis 19SS now and I really like it, it's just too short. The next larger size is the 23SS which I may go with and then do a door extension. I measured one and it was 12' from the door to the first cabinet so I could extend the door frame out 6" and fit my RZR inside it. It would be snug but it would fit and still give full accessibility to the kitchen/bathroom/bedroom. This is the thing I am leaning the most towards.

The_real_wild1 wrote:
Custom sounds like the way to go but I think you need to define crazy expensive though. My expensive is probably different from 10 others.

Good point. Crazy expensive for me is over 40k but I need to stay under 30k.

atwowheelguy wrote:

Weekend warrior wheelchair toy haulers

That's pretty cool, I didn't know that WW did anything for wheelchair accessible! Thanks for the find but unfortunately, it gets pretty pricey once you add the basic necessities. I also need to have the 12' 6" to the first cabinet due to the width of my RZR and that one counts cargo into the where the cabinets go.

As far as the Dune Sport, I seriously considered them. I like how you can build them the way you want them and I was excited about it. Then I found this thread and decided that I should probably steer clear of them.

http://www.rzrforums.net/tow-rigs-trailers-camping/109566-dune-sport-toy-haulers.html

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Good find atwowheelguy!!

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/-F4C8Q-Gibo
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer

https://dunesport.com/toy-hauler/wheelchair-accessible

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer

https://youtu.be/1irOMAZKYVE

https://www.weekendwarriortoyhauler.com/about-toyhaulers/wheelchair-accessible-toyhaulers.html

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Custom sounds like the way to go but I think you need to define crazy expensive though. My expensive is probably different from 10 others.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:

The back door sure is 😉

I know what your saying though and I think a wide bathroom door with have to be a custom order if available at all.

Call Genesis, a good friend of mine custom ordered his 40' from them. Not sure what exactly they changed but he said they got to pick and chose what they wanted. Maybe they could delete a cabinet.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe ask the manufacturer if they would modify a floor plan for you or start with a box trailer and have it custom built out inside?

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP