cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sewer line broken

Hotdog99
Explorer
Explorer
I have a sewer line that is broke where the waste valve bolts on I have to re place that part and it is glued how do I get it to turn loose
7 REPLIES 7

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Hotdog, a lot of times, the drain pipes are just glued into the tanks with silicone caulk and a worn drive clamp. If you can get to the tank, and work the pipe out, you can use it as a pattern for making a new one to where the dump valve bolts up. Not knowing what brand or year your MH is, limits the helpful replies.
Wildmanbaker

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Some pipes can be repaired. On any joint where there is a piece of black pvc sewer pipe inserted/glued into a 90, union or other coupler, you can cut the pipe clean at the joint and then hone out the joint and reinsert a new pipe. Your local plumbing shop will sell the tool for honing out the old pipe.

Here is a link to the tools. If the joint isn't something you can get to, obviously this won't work.

Cutting Tools
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm with the others. If the pipe is cracked, cut it clean and mount a new dump valve. It should fix with PVC glue. The mount plate should come with the new valve that glues onto the pipe.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Flex Seal Tape.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure? Can you post a picture? There are usually pre-made assemblies that connect the tank to the valve. You may just need to replace the entire assembly and not where you see the leak.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You have to go back until you get to a clean, straight piece of pipe and start over. That may mean you have to cut all the fittings off.
Is it broke off completely or is it just cracked?
If it's just cracked you can clean up the area with sand paper, a file and anything else that works and then patch it is tight, clean it out and apply some ABS cement to it. Hold the crack closed until it dries. For extra strength you can cut a piece of pipe or part of a fitting and glue it over the repair.
If the crack is bigger,
After it's cleaned up, grind up some ABS material from a piece of pipe or a extra fitting and add the appropriate ABS glue to make a slurry. Working quickly, apply the slurry to the damaged area. You can add more after it sets up or just keep brushing more glue on.
These steps will make a very strong patch that will last.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Might have to saw it off and glue new piece on.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter