cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shurflo Extreme 5.7 Water Pump

adamsr2
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know why these are no longer available at Camping World and other RV Dealers? It is not on the Shurflo website either. However, it is available at Marinas.
32' 2001 Sunnybrook 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Duramax
Bob and Mary Adams
Midland, Michigan
7 REPLIES 7

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
I'm saying goodbye to Shurflo pumps cause I'm tired of replacing their junk. I never boondock and only use the pump when on the road or when I regenerate my water softener. The current pump is the 5th one in 9 years so enuff is enuff. I'm gonna give Seaflow pumps a try, they have a 4 year warranty.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
The original 5.7 was a great pump, but the supplier for the electronics went out of business around 2008. SF was never able to find a replacement that worked. Generally, when the 5.7 fails (even the original version)it gets VERY hot, hot enough to set anything that might be touching the pump on fire. I can tell you this because of a first hand experience.

If you are still using a 5.7, you are really taking a chance on something bad happening.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I must have a really good one; it's run dry on two occasions for about three days each time. When I found it the motor was only slightly warm.
LOL, I dont usually get that lucky!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Shurflo discontinued them and parts couple years ago due to continuing issues with controller and motors running hot.

ANY pumps or parts for them would be what is called 'NOS' (New Old Stock)
Items that have been sitting on retail shelves/storage unsold.
Going to be at least couple years old stock.

Shurflo replacement is the 4048 High Flow model
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I wish I were closer to you. I would like to take the dead one off your hands for spare parts!
Good luck.

BTW, you can get a rebuild kit for them but I dont know if that would solve your problem. I think they go for about $55.

adamsr2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I had two. They each lasted 5 years. This last one starting leaking where the motor attached to the pump mechanism.
32' 2001 Sunnybrook 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Duramax
Bob and Mary Adams
Midland, Michigan

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They had a huge number of failures and people would go through several of them before getting one that worked.
We are one of the rare customers who bought one (12 years ago) and have never had an issue. It really works fantastic!
But even if I could get another, I wouldn't buy one. Their record is just that bad.
I will take this one out and move it to our next RV though.