cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Utah BLM settlement

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Have not read the proposal but a good friend with the state has and says it is a win win for us.

BLM

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today
6 REPLIES 6

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
eubank wrote:
One of the main environmental organizations in this case is the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance. Read the article.
Lynn

zigzagrv wrote:
I believe the people of Utah should be the ones to decide how their land is to be used, not bureaucrats from DC or environmentalist organizations from California and other states.

For the most part, SUWA isn't a Utah organization. Most of their very deep pocketbooks and membership don't come from the state, or residents of the state.

The legal arguments they are currently "Settling" have been going on for years, and basically this agreement just says the BLM has to follow the already existing laws and regulations on management of these lands. Having been someone who explored a lot of these areas off and on over the decades, I actually testified a couple times a little over 8 years ago regarding road access that existed in some areas in question 40 or 50 years ago. The approaches to the argument have changed a bunch as it went along, and in the end, a whole lot of money was spent that would probably have been better used to actually manage the recourses.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
One of the main environmental organizations in this case is the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance. Read the article.
Lynn

zigzagrv wrote:
I believe the people of Utah should be the ones to decide how their land is to be used, not bureaucrats from DC or environmentalist organizations from California and other states.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
zigzagrv wrote:
Nice to think so, but hindsight has shown that people are amazingly short sighted on a lot of subjects. Consider how many game animals were hunted almost to extinction before "environmentalist organizations" stepped in with hunting regulations. And clear cutting was common practice until it was show how damaging it could be.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
Captain_Happy wrote:
Californians have enough problems of there own to handle without sticking there noses into everyone else's business. And that also goes for all those tree huggers.

First off, the land belongs to the all people of the United States, not just those in Utah. Second, if not for the tree huggers, which you seem to disparage, we would all be "camping" in parking lots. If I remember correctly the United States acquired that land in the Mexican American War 1846-48. Utah gained statehood in 1896. The US did not cede all of of the land to the state and had no obligation to do so.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Californians have enough problems of there own to handle without sticking there noses into everyone else's business. And that also goes for all those tree huggers.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad