cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Hauler for 2 Touring Harley's

9one1_
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for one that will take the 1660lbs of Harley goodness along with all the regular camping stuff. We want to be GVWR on the trailer around 10K.

Is it even possible??

TV is in the signature.
2016 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 6.4 Hemi w/3.73

2011 Jayco Jayflight 29QBH
7840 lbs ready to camp (8560 lbs full water load) (1200lbs tongue weight)
Reese Dual Cam

EX TV- 2011 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 4X4 3.73 extra cab
2011 Ford F250 SC 4X4 6.7 w/3.31
7 REPLIES 7

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
You got the weight figured out but Some things you need to ask yourself, Bumper Pull or Fift Wheel, Seperate Garage or open floor plan, walk around bed? On board generator, fuel station.

Fifth wheels are going to be heavier than a Bumper Pull. A Bumper Pull Toy Hauler will leave the back of your truck open for more cargo.

Open or seperate garage, the open floor plan trailers tend to bring the bikes into the living area. Do you want to be able to use the living space of the trailer when traveling. Some open floor plans makes that difficult.

Seperate garage floorplans kind of give you that man cave in the back of the trailer and can be turned into additional living space when the bikes are out. Walk around bed? You will find the wife will like a walk around bed. The only problem with this is a Toy Hauler with seperate garage and walk around front bed will be 30'+ and the weight can easily get over 10k.

Shopping is half the fun....

I down sized from my Toy Hauler To a smaller travel trailer and use a Rampage lift to get the bike in the back of the truck. I can get away with that because I only have one bike..That said....Never should have sold the Toy Hauler... It was a Work and Play 30WR or Now a 30WRS. Nice Rig but heavier than you want to go. With two Harley you would probably be at around 12,500lbs...The trailer Gross's at 13,800lbs...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
RE: Putting the HD in the bed of the TV, that was my plan, until I found a bumper pull TH. Only a 27, but can squeeze an Ultra and a Softail in. No garage wall, so one bike is way forward. Rampage Lift is good for hauling in the bed, but turned out my SRW was not going to be good for that set up.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Pacific Coachworks SandSport 18SLE.

While not the biggest toy hauler you could fit two Harley's in it and if you dont have kids traveling with as I don't it's plenty for two people.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
Check out this link to a toy-hauler dealer in Ocala, Fl

http://www.modernmusclecarsflorida.com/

Not exactly what is meant when RV'ers say "toy hauler".

But the only practical solution might be to have the bikes in their own separate trailer.

But that has it's drawbacks too: length and extremely difficult (Impossible) to back up more than a couple of feet.

If you do find a class A or 5er where everything will fit, you'd better have lots of $$$$.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this link to a toy-hauler dealer in Ocala, Fl

http://www.modernmusclecarsflorida.com/
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
KZ has a 5th wheel, 311TH10 that is rated at #11000 GVWR, has a 10ft separate garage and has a #3410 CCC. Don't know what other amenities your looking for but this is just one example. Anything you get probably should have a min 10ft garage area for two touring bikes in my opinion.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the 5th wheels. That's what I would do...or have one Harley in the bed of a pickup and the other in a toy hauler travel trailer.

With me, I had a '96 F-150, 8 ft bed, with a 5.8 and a 7000 pound towing package. Ran my dresser up into the bed, strapped it down, then hooked up my 4000 pound trailer.

There are options for you out there, just figure things out. And go to the shows. LOTS of information and RVs to give you a great idea of what's out there.