cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DELL with windows 10 computer question ?

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Dell screen goes black after only about a minute if I don't move the mouse
I have tried over and over to change the time out for both the battery and the plug in, but it never changes

Can any one tell me how to do it

jack L
Jack & Nanci
9 REPLIES 9

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
sherlock62 wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
If you're still having that problem, I'd like to refer you to a forum that focuses on Windows 10 issues. I've used it a number of times and have found them helpful.

Ten Forums

In the first reply to the original post, I pointed the OP to tenforums.com . What the OP wishes to correct is easy easy.

Sorry, didn't see that.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:
If you're still having that problem, I'd like to refer you to a forum that focuses on Windows 10 issues. I've used it a number of times and have found them helpful.

Ten Forums

In the first reply to the original post, I pointed the OP to tenforums.com . What the OP wishes to correct is easy easy.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer

Ten Forums
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
snipe:
tatest wrote:

You are getting into the power management dialogue, which no longer leads to screen timeouts.

Huh............:R

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
tatest wrote:
In Win 10 I found the setting with right click on the screen, personalization, lock screen, screen timeout settings.

I am sure there are other paths to get there. I expected to find in with right click on the screen, display. That's a dead end.

You are getting into the power management dialogue, which no longer leads to screen timeouts.

As I said above; I have no problem getting to the right screen to change them.
What happens, every time I change them and hit the "accept", the computer still goes to sleep after about a minute or two.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Win 10 I found the setting with right click on the screen, personalization, lock screen, screen timeout settings.

I am sure there are other paths to get there. I expected to find in with right click on the screen, display. That's a dead end.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReadyToGo wrote:
I don't think it's a mouse problem. It's the time out for the screen. In win 10 it's under settings, personization , lock screen, screen time out.

Right, but how do you get it to accept the changes that you make ?

I have tried over and over again, and it still acts the same way

jack L
Jack & Nanci

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it's a mouse problem. It's the time out for the screen. In win 10 it's under settings, personization , lock screen, screen time out.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
NanciL wrote:
My Dell screen goes black after only about a minute if I don't move the mouse
I have tried over and over to change the time out for both the battery and the plug in, but it never changes

Can any one tell me how to do it

jack L

Read here.