cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 R-Vision Trail Lite 285 Class C (B+) purchase

harnal
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for general advice on purchase of a used RV - in this case a 2008 R-Vision Trail Lite 285. The unit is in good shape and we are having it checked out for issues.

We know that the manufacturer is out of business but we were told that the engine parts would be available from Ford (has a V-10) and the MH parts are generic to RV suppliers.

The unit has 24K miles.

Thanks, Raj
6 REPLIES 6

harnal
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - looking into it.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, it was a regular quality rv with regular generic parts and Ford parts. If you like it you should be fine.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Try this topic that is still running from 2002 on the B+ motorhomes with over 3500 posts
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

harnal
Explorer
Explorer
Any specific / worrisome issues with R-Vision as a manufacturer? Have read what I could find on R-Vision on the internet and did not see anything major in nature.

I am trying to join the R-Vision Forum (R-Vision Camping Club) but not having any luck in being able to sign up - have tried multiple times but I do not seen to get that e-mail that will provide me with the link to log in after I register. Did not have that issue with this RV.Net forum.

Thanks.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 have fun .

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
What you were told is mostly to entirely true. Chassis stuff is Ford and quite readily available. Appliances and a great many pieces of hardware (including windows, awnings, doors, etc.) are generic RV stuff and not too hard to come by parts or replacements. There may be a few odds and ends that were specific to the maker, particularly things like fiberglass molded exterior pieces, which may be hard to find. Usually it's possible to repair or otherwise make do. I would not generally worry about buying an RV built by a company that's out of business. (There's no guarantee that any unique parts would be available even if they were still in business, for that matter.)