cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon Coast

MERudniski
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to travel the Oregon Coast fr the interior of BC in April & wondering what campgrounds might be open at that time. What are the recommendations for this time of the yr & what sites should a person make sure to take in?
We prefer the private ones, but the state parks usually have bigger sites.
We drive a 33' motor home with a tow vehicle.
What is the weather 'usually' like in April?
39 REPLIES 39

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
KT tell me about Carson Washington area summer temps fishing availability grocery shopping, walmarts propane etc. Will be that area all summer from Ohio

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This post was started almost a year ago. The OP probably has finished his trip. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:
bikendan wrote:
Wavesprite wrote:
I know my response is late, but I would stick to all State parks, they are AWESOME in Oregon and absolutely beautiful with full hook ups!!! We travel up there eve summer for 3 weeks and it never gets old!

Just a note, most Oregon state Park campsites only have water/electric.
Full hookups are less common.

That isn't true at all. We have never had a site that wasn't full hookups. Sewer included....

Well, I'll add my experience. We camp all over oregon often using the state parks. Some campgrounds have no hookups at all, Some oregon state parks have water/electric only. Yes, virtually all of them along the coast do have SOME full hookup sites, but only a few if any have full hookups at all sites. I'm not sure I could name a single park that has full hookups for every site. I'm sure there are some.

Cape lookout has only a few full hookups, and several loops with NO hookups, water or electric.

Fort stevens has multiple loops with water/electric only, no sewer.

I could add another 6 or more sites that have SOME full hookup sites and many with a resonable number with water/electric.

Most of the state park campgrounds along the coast do have dump sites.

outside the coast even more don't have full hookups everywhere if at all.

silver falls has sites without full hookups.
Lapine has several loops without full hookups.

Even some of the recently opened oregon state parks are no hookup campgrounds with remote water available only. Cottonwood canyon and Bates state parks have no hookups and they are very new.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Campgrounds on the Oregon coast are open year round - We have camped on the entire coast for nine weeks in 10 different spots from the far north to the far south in recent years in January and February

yes, state parks are open year round along the coast. some loops may either be closed or first come first serve.

But not the case for many other campgrounds.

Many oregon coast FS campgrounds are closed during the winter, may be open by April

Many oregon coast county campgrounds are closed during winter months as well. Again many may be open by April

And many of the the Private RV parks along the coast are open year round.

All that said, during April you should not have a problem getting a camping spot most anywhere along the coast. And april can be a very nice time to visit the coast and scenery.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
MERudniski wrote:
We would like to travel the Oregon Coast fr the interior of BC in April & wondering what campgrounds might be open at that time. What are the recommendations for this time of the yr & what sites should a person make sure to take in?
We prefer the private ones, but the state parks usually have bigger sites.
We drive a 33' motor home with a tow vehicle.
What is the weather 'usually' like in April?

Did you ever get to the Oregon coast? If so, where & when did you go and how was your trip?
Dave

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
You can search for Oregon state parks with full hookups. Just specify that you want "RV site". Look at the brochures for each park you select. Full hookup sites and electric/water sites are both indicated. There are some parks with no full hookups and most parks have more electric/water than full hookup sites.

http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=visit.dsp_find
Dave

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:
bikendan wrote:
Wavesprite wrote:
I know my response is late, but I would stick to all State parks, they are AWESOME in Oregon and absolutely beautiful with full hook ups!!! We travel up there eve summer for 3 weeks and it never gets old!

That isn't true at all. We have never had a site that wasn't full hookups. Sewer included....

Well, I've camped at 12 different Oregon state parks and all only had a small percentage of FHU campsites.
The majority were water/electric only.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
Wavesprite wrote:

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
musicman54 wrote:
there are private state and county parks many with in an hour of each other or less

Are you walking???
There are many private parks within minutes of each other.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
there are private state and county parks many with in an hour of each other or less

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:

Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the State Parks along the Oregon Coast are open all year and they are all pretty wonderful. We just drove down the coast last fall and while it rained every single day but one, we still enjoyed ourselves. Just figure out how many miles you would like to travel each day and then look for a park in that area.