cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2017 Winnie design features

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The latest issue of the Trailer Life rag has an article on the new Winnie 2500FL. I was pretty surprised to see that there is no dark wood, walls and other finishing materials. Just about all of the interior is a light off-white color except for a small amount of black accents/trim. Floor is laminate lookalike with light earth-tone shades. It's about flippin' time a manufacturer did this. It looks great going by just the photos. They are also using a BAL Norco NGX frame - big plus there too. The dark blue exterior looks really sharp but I imagine it would be harder to keep cool in the summertime. (Can't get terribly excited with the rest of the features throughout tho.)

As an aside, gotta love what TL says sometimes in RV reviews like "... I found a nicely engineered frame that looked tight and was free of rust, which many new trailers will have..." or "... 3,000 pound axles with 14-inch aluminum wheels provided a predictable amount of support without the trailer being too bouncy." Seriously?
19 REPLIES 19

LAJMINNIEPLUS
Explorer
Explorer
We were all set to buy the 2500FL until we went in the 26RBSS. Both have the light interiors. It's a nice change from the dark interiors of most TTs.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
myredracer wrote:
I was pretty surprised to see that there is no dark wood, walls and other finishing materials. Just about all of the interior is a light off-white color except for a small amount of black accents/trim. Floor is laminate lookalike with light earth-tone shades. It's about flippin' time a manufacturer did this.

What's old is new again. :W Starcraft Antigua trailers had an almost all white interior for several years, until such time as the market grew tired of it and used ones couldn't be given away. 😞

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... thanks, but no thanks. 😛

Would have trouble giving that away in Australia, looks pretty rough

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Funfinders had light interiors, as an option. We really liked the brightness of them. Also like many of the Euro and Aussie interiors.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
As my eyes get older I prefer clearly seeing where dirt accumulates sooo count me into the crowd that prefers lighter wood. Light upholstery is fine with me as long as it's easy to clean and has a nice tactile feel ie. doesn't have a propensity of man made fabric.
Nope. Not a fan of micro anything.

I also like the curved radial edges which make it harder for me to bump into stuff. Or should that be softer?

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Way to light for me.

I understand why some people don't like the dark wood. But , I don't want anything that is too light of a color. It just gets dirty to easy and looks grimy in no time.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
My 1968 Campking TC had Ash or Birch plywood, and it made the interior feel bright and roomy.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
GWolfe wrote:
Winnie 2500FL

Here is a link to one, I don't hate it but it wouldn't be my first choice. I like the grey/white exterior better than a darker color.

The exterior is very nice but the interior - YEECH!

JMHO of course. :W
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Winnie 2500FL

Here is a link to one, I don't hate it but it wouldn't be my first choice. I like the grey/white exterior better than a darker color.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just to clarify, the Winnie interior isn't white. Their website doesn't say what it is but it's a light tan/biege color. Pure white would not appeal to me. If we go to the RV show here next month, if there is a Winnie there I'd be interested in seeing what the interior is like. If there is a good customer response, I wouldn't be surprised to see other manufacturers following suit. The interior of our KZ is just so dark and the dark tinted windows make it worse too.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I guess it comes down to execution. To me if you take the traditional American RV interior and change everything white, it just looks bland and uninteresting. Reminds me of hospitals. On the other side of that I've seen the inside of some Euro trailers that are mostly light colors and they're gorgeous. The style however is completely different. They have a more modern look with lots of flush faced items and radius corners. White doesn't look so bad in them.

CASmitty
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago is also using the light wood in the Micro Minnies, which I love and is keeping one high on my shopping list (just one factor of course). There is too much brown in most TTs for me.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
myredracer wrote:
I was pretty surprised to see that there is no dark wood, walls and other finishing materials. Just about all of the interior is a light off-white color except for a small amount of black accents/trim. Floor is laminate lookalike with light earth-tone shades. It's about flippin' time a manufacturer did this.

What's old is new again. :W Starcraft Antigua trailers had an almost all white interior for several years, until such time as the market grew tired of it and used ones couldn't be given away. 😞

I love this interior.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

FireRob
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
myredracer wrote:

Looks great!! If it was a doctors office, dentist office or hospital/surgical room. Too sanitary looking for me. I like the dark colors. When I want it bright and sunny I go out side the trailer. When I'm in the trailer it's usually sleepy time or movie time and the darkness sets the mood better that way
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC Longhorn LB DRW 4.10's Aisin Trans Auto Lvl Suspension Dual 220 Alternators

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn (traded in)

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"It's about flippin' time a manufacturer did this."

Not my opinion and why I bought a 2015 2101DS with natural tone browns.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad