cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT with Murphy Bed - Forest River and Venture Sonic

a5t1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a TT with 1 slide out, bunks and murphy bed, short as possible. These are the only two floor plans that I found; am I missing something? (Forest River has another plan but the TT is 28')

https://www.venture-rv.com/sonic-travel-trailers/SN220VBH.html

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=170&Image=5063&ShowParent=1&ModelID=2239#Main

A few questions:

Do the rounded fronts of the TT make that big of a difference towing vs the flat-style? I would think so.

Both have features I like and those I don't. I'm not a fan of the aluminum on the FR, there is less storage in the Sonic by Venture. Just looking for other opinions?
38 REPLIES 38

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2304DS and have traveled thousands of miles in it over the past two years. We love ours and travel about 4 months a year. Trust me with two slides and being short it is huge on the inside plus the bigger kitchen is a bonus. Plus it does have pass-through storage you just have to remove the two pieces of plywood the factory installed and it opens it all up. tons of storage on the inside too. Just no matter what trailer you settle on ditch the china pop tires and install a quality set. Trust me all of them come with crappy tires.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains

Kampfirekid
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Kampfirekid wrote:
We are strongly considering the 24MBH (if I recall correctly) in the Jayco White Hawk. ...

Very nice floor plan. I would rather have storage under the bottom bunk instead of the outdoor kitchen.

There actually is storage behind the kitchen inside. A little project on a weekend could turn the approximate 18" wide x 27" tall x 74" long space into some easy storage. The bed lifts up for access, but I'm thinking a baggage door out back, and a rolling drawer inside. We like the kitchen... especially since it has a sink and is under the awning. We have never cooked inside a trailer in 12 years.
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 5โ€“/2 foot bed. 3.0L Powerstroke,
Loaded. 2020 K-Z Connect SE 241BHKSE

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Kampfirekid wrote:
We are strongly considering the 24MBH (if I recall correctly) in the Jayco White Hawk. ...

Very nice floor plan. I would rather have storage under the bottom bunk instead of the outdoor kitchen.

Kampfirekid
Explorer
Explorer
We are strongly considering the 24MBH (if I recall correctly) in the Jayco White Hawk. While it loses the full pass thru front storage, it still has front side storage, and what I really like is the outside storage in the slide out to under the U-shaped dinette. It maintains the outside kitchen with a sink, and has what we consider a great feature... the bathroom door out the back of the trailer.
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 5โ€“/2 foot bed. 3.0L Powerstroke,
Loaded. 2020 K-Z Connect SE 241BHKSE

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
a5t1 wrote:
Great points, thanks.

Very interested in the Rockwood Micro-lite 2509s.

Heading to a show next weekend, hope to see one there.

Did you get to see a 2509S "up close and personal" ?

Rustycamperpants wrote:
Here is a KZ Connect light that is under 27' and has what you are looking for. The U haped dinette is wonderful. Maybe this will help. We love our KZ camper.

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/connect-travel-trailers/lite-C211BH.html

Very similar floor plan to the 2509S, without the outside kitchen. GVWR is almost 1000# less.

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
We really like our 2013 Flagstaff 25KS Micro Lite. The couch that folds open to permit the Murphy Bed to be lowered is also the one we use during the day for a nap. We can both stretch out on it.We also ditched the dinette table and found a good substitute. The large shower is what sold us on the camper.Everyone who looks at our camper in any campground is amazed at the room, convenience, and storage. We also store excess large gear in our tow vehicle.We have been very impressed with the folks at Forest River in Millersburg, IN where our camper was made.In our experience..great customer service!

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2017 Wildwood 201BHXL and love it. Got it in Sept. NO slideouts on it but the 230BHXL does and also has the murphy bed..
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

a5t1
Explorer
Explorer
For us we need something with bunks for the kids. Heading to the Green Bay, WI RV show this weekend to physically see some of the floor plans discussed.

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes the "short queen" isn't my 1st preference but I would be willing to do that trade off. As far as the rear window view most of the campgrounds I use theres nothing to look at out the back window and the added comfort of the couch supersedes the view.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
tnrv'er wrote:
I'd like to see RV manufactures offer the couch/folding table as an option in place of a dinnette.

One TT i like alot is the Outdoorsrv 20FQ but the U-shaped dinnette will prevent me from buying one.

tnrv'er wrote:
After posting this I put a phone call into Outdoorsrv. I got a call back an hour later from a gentleman named Ryan (spoke to him in the past, these guys DO return calls)and I told him my thoughts on offering a sofa/folding table as an option in place of the dinette. We'll see what happens. That option would be a deal sealer for me.

A couple of thoughts that struck me about that Outdoors RV 20FQ ... when sitting at the rear dinette you're making the most of that expansive rear window but if it was a sofa instead your backs would be to the window. ๐Ÿ˜ž Second thought - hate short queen beds which this 20FQ has and would avoid one whenever I can. Our 2014 Freedom Express has a short queen but I successfully managed to extend the platform so it's now a full queen length - new models of this same trailer now come with a full length queen bed as standard ... should be standard in all trailers with a queen bed. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
tnrv'er wrote:

I'd like to see RV manufactures offer the couch/folding table as an option in place of a dinnette.

One TT i like alot is the Outdoorsrv 20FQ but the U-shaped dinnette will prevent me from buying one.

After posting this I put a phone call into Outdoorsrv. I got a call back an hour later from a gentleman named Ryan (spoke to him in the past, these guys DO return calls)and I told him my thoughts on offering a sofa/folding table as an option in place of the dinette.
We'll see what happens. That option would be a deal sealer for me.

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same set up as our KZ 17RBS SoundGuy. My table isn't heavy and stores behind the couch.

It's a simple solution for more floor space especially in smaller trailers.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
tnrv'er wrote:
I don't know why more TT manufacturers don't make units with a sofa and fold up table.

That's what we have in our Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS ... no dinette which for us really isn't necessary as we mostly eat outdoors, but a sofa which we do use a lot. However, I ditched the WAY too big, WAY too heavy folding table supplied with the trailer and instead we use a couple of folding TV tables those times we may want to eat inside while seated on the sofa. Works great. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
a5t1 wrote:
Do the rounded fronts of the TT make that big of a difference towing vs the flat-style? I would think so.

Not so much that you'll notice. The most important factor is speed. To get better economy, just slow down.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP