cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slide issue

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
i own a 2009 haulmark super c that has a large living room slide that doesnt like to come in always.have new 6 v batteries ,new slide motor and relay.have checked and soldered all connections that i can.the problem happens when the slide goes out it drops down so the floor is flush.when it starts to come in it has to climb up then come in.the resettable breaker(30 amp) will blow at this time.most of the time i have to manually crank the motor to help the slide up then it will come in.when its moving in it draws about 17 amps,when it is trying to climb up it spikes at 70 amps,any thoughts or ideas on what to check or who i could take it to?

im located in los angeles ,san bernadino area

thanks for any help,hoffy
11 REPLIES 11

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
hoffy wrote:
used a clamp on type dc ammeter,double breakers didnt change anything went with one new 30 amp breaker it still has a mind of its own works when it wants to.im going to lube nylon glide piece next. thanks everyone.

When you say it trips the breaker are you referring to one that you have to physically reset? When my slide stopped it was the internal protector of the motor, once it cooled down a little it would work again. I didn't have to reset anything. i cannot stress enough the importance of cleaning the slide areas first to remove the gunk and then lubing them. When I just lubed my slides the problem continued, once cleaned it was fine.

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
used a clamp on type dc ampmeter,double breakers didnt change anything went with one new 30 amp breaker it still has a mind of its own works when it wants to.im going to lube nylon glide piece next. thanks everyone.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
Replace the breaker. They get tired and trip below their rating. The more they trip the worse they get.
Also, as stated before, lube the tracks.
If all that doesn't help, install a second breaker of the same rating in parallel with the existing breaker. This is a common fix the manufacturers use.

X2 except they are saying that it jumps to 70 amps. How did you measure this OP? Are you sure the reading is right? They will draw more power and fluctuate but 70 amps is incredible! 🙂
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

ronfisherman
hoffy wrote:
thanks i will try cleaning and lubing and try the second breaker.

My MH has hydrulic slides. But the operation is similar.
I lube the nylon pieces that side moves up on. Found a dry type lube works best. Bring slide in about 2". Raise carpet flap and apply lube to nylon strips. May have to do it a couple of times to get it working properly.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Replace the breaker. They get tired and trip below their rating. The more they trip the worse they get.
If all that doesn't help, install a second breaker of the same rating in parallel with the existing breaker. This is a common fix the manufacturers use.

Installing a second breaker should only be done if the wire is of sufficient size to safely carry the rated current for both breakers simultaneously (in this case, 60A, meaning probably 6 gauge wire or larger). In that case, it would make more sense IMHO to instead install a single properly sized breaker.

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
thanks i will try cleaning and lubing and try the second breaker.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My bedroom slide tripped the breaker. Start by cleaning the slides first then lube them. Lube, dirt, dust makes a sticky mess that needs to come off first. Once I did that my slide has worked great. As far as dropping down I see adjustment bolts underneath but haven't had to use them.....yet......

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Did the track wear in such a way that now the claims is too steep?

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
several times

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
have you lubed the tracks yet?