cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing-Freshwater

texas_twister
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with this?-- When I turn the water pump on my 07 Coachman Cross Country 354MBS water shoots out of the hose hook up. All valves are turned in the correct direction and it works as should when hooked up to water supply or draining. It just will not pressure up when on the road. I assume one of the valves is out but which one?

Thanks in advance for sharing.
7 REPLIES 7

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
tex, glad you got the problem found and fixed. What Dutch said is a great idea, as I have at least 1 spare at all times as the shutoff valves are very handy when connecting to shore hookups.
Wildmanbaker

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If reseating the check valve doesn't work, the quick fix is to pickup an in-line hose shut off valve at Walmart or a hardware store and screw it into the city water connection. A screw in hose plug will also work. The permanent fix of course, would be to replace the city water port. They're not expensive, and replacement is a relatively easy DIY job.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
My check valve hangs up periodically and does what you are experiencing. I can usually reset it with a screw driver as suggested. However, to prevent that annoyance I put a threaded plastic plug in my city hook-up to prevent it from happening when not hooked up to city water.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

texas_twister
Explorer
Explorer
Water problem fixed. The washer screen was in backwards depressing the backflow valve. Thanks for the heads up. I hope I can return the favor sometime. Good day.

texas_twister
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I hope it's that simple. I had no idea there's a check valve. Thanks again for sharing.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
X 2 on the inlet check valve. It's a very simple part. You may even be able to coax it into working again.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
There is a check valve in the city water hook-up. It is a spring loaded valve, and is probably hung up partly open allowing the pump water to escape the city water hook up. You may try hooking the city water back up and turning it on to see if the valve will reseal. It can be removed from the MH and taken apart and manually resealed. A Phillips screwdriver may also be inserted into the city inlet, and reseated, as the disk is canted.
Wildmanbaker