cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which browser to use

realladyat57
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Firefox for a several years but lately it's given me some issues. I'm thinking about changing to either the new Edge browser or Chrome. I'm fairly computer literate but DH needs something easy to navigate. Opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
MaryAnne
18 REPLIES 18

realladyat57
Explorer
Explorer
I use Firefox on my laptop and that's what I'm asking about.
MaryAnne

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Firefox is my first choice on Windows and Linux platforms, Safari on OS=X and iOS. I use Chrome on Windows and OS-X when I want to ChromeCast, and for access to a few Google applications where I am using Chrome-specific plug-ins or extensions.

Everytime I open a browser on my Windows 10 machine, Microsoft reminds me I should be using Edge.

Firefox is my first choice from 20+ years experience using browser of common heritage with Mozilla. Inertia keeps me there. But also, this is their only business. I don't want to get hooked on Chrome because Google has a history of discontinuing or replacing products and services (mostly acquired from outside developers) after a short market life.

Chrome is fairly lightweight, with respect to computer resources used, and is not a bad choice if it is supported on all the different platforms you use.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

MrWizard
Firefox on my pc
Chrome on my Android tablet and phone
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have Firefox, which like you I'm considering dumping. Chrome, Edge and MISE

I do not recommend either Microsoft browser

I may however import my bookmarks to Chrome and dump the Fox.. Though there are features about Firefox I like.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Used Firefox for years but it's been hanging and running slow lately. Tried Edge and it's been much faster and no hangs. Haven't tried Chrome in a few years, maybe I should.

realladyat57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your input. I think I'm going to go with Chrome for now--it has to be better than Firefox, which I've used for years. Firefox doesn't seem to be maintained as well as it has been in the past and I'm having more issues with it.
MaryAnne

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I use Edge and Chrome, both about equally. I find Chrome often works better with certain Websites, but Edge is still pretty decent. Supposedly, Edge is easier on battery drainage than Chrome, but that's what Microsoft claims.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Windoze IE at work, Firefox on one computer, and Chrome on the windows 10 (I don't like Edge) on the other computer here at home, and Chrome on the Chromebooks, phones, tablets etc. If something fails on one of the others, I double check it on Chrome before I check anything else.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Crome ties everything together nice and handy.
Wherever I sign in all my bookmark, shortcuts are there no mater what PC or tablet I use.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Chrome, Firefox, and Internet...

I personally like Firefox the best. It's the least hassle free. Seems the other 2 wants to do updates all the time and every update means my setting have to be set, and reset, and changed and manipulated again.

Chrome seems to be one of "the other 2" but your description of problems with updates and settings are totally foreign to me, never had either problem with years of Chrome use. What platform are you having these problems on. I don't use Chrome much on my phone, but on my desktop, laptop and tablet my experience is completely different from yours.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Chrome, Firefox, and Internet at home and work. At work add Mac Safari (I'm a web tester, we test with all of them .... and more).

I personally like Firefox the best. It's the least hassle free. Seems the other 2 wants to do updates all the time and every update means my setting have to be set, and reset, and changed and manipulated again. Firefox just simply works!

Maybe you should down-load Firefox again and re-install it. Newer versions work pretty well.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just use IE. tried Edge but went back to IE. Works well for me when I use the laptop. But mostly I do most web activity on my iPhone 6 Plus.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I used Firefox for many years. Switched to Chrome about 2 or 3 years ago. I don't think either is significantly better than the other.

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
I use Chrome for the most part. IE always tends to drag when loading pages, and I tend not to be very patient.