cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Running my BBQ Gas Line

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
So I will preface this thread with an acknowledgement that it may make a few persons uneasy that I ran tank pressure to the connection where my High Pressure Hose connects the line to my Weber Q1000 with a regulator rated for the given inlet pressure. I have a 30 psig regulator that I will likely install at the source to deliver only 30psig instead of 250-ish from the tank/s. My trailer came from the factory with what I call a "High Pressure propane thief" just like the one pictured below installed and a 12ft. High Pressure hose to fire off appliances with gas from the coach and not have to use throw away bottles. It's the F273753 90 deg. Stay Flow Adaptor.

What I did with my "mod" was basically do away with the rubber hose and run "rated" stainless tubing to my BBQ Grill and put the 1"-20 Male Throwawy Brass fitting at the end. and I put a "rated" stainless ball valve right where it first taps off the tank.

What you see in this pic is the elbow/tee that came on the kit on the trailer that I reconfigured to fit my new plan.

This is the "rated" Stainless Ball Valve that I shut off, soon as I'm done BBQing. The 1/4" steel nipples that you see are schedule 80. Didn't get them painted before the fog came in and they surface rusted.

This is what it looks like from the front of the rig. I aimed the hard fittings down then hooked it into the stainless bulk head fitting with a 600psig rated rubber propane hose with 1/4" flair fittings.

3/8" Bulkhead fitting that securely penetrates the tank mount.

Here is the 3/8" stainless on it's way down the tongue/hitch toward the body of the trailer where it goes about an inch under the trailer and makes a left hand turn toward the curbside. Very embarrassed about the lack of tidy-ness regarding my electrical there!

Here it is making the turn to head toward the back of the coach to the destination @ the BBQ Grill. There is 1/2" or better clearance to anything "rub-able". I must have 15 of those rubberized clamps with stainless 5/16" Tek-Head screws holding it to the frame.

Coming down the frame toward the Q.

Here I brought it into a bracket with another 3/8" bulkhead then to the brass 1"-20 Male Throwaway fitting.

This is how easy it is to get to the ball valve to shut the gas off. This is with the tank cover in place. I can reach down there and turn it on and off with one finger. I always shut it off when I'm done grilling and bleed it off prior to traveling. I have a Coleman single burner stove that uses the throw away cylinder to fire it. If it will run off 30psig and the Grill will run off 30pisg, then I will install the reg up at the tanks upstream of the rubber High Pressure Hose.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
6 REPLIES 6

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
I can see it is.. hence the comment. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
No comment on the appliances, but that install job is b e a u t I f u l ! I love your compound bend around the corner.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks! Believe it or not, that is one piece of stainless tubing the whole way. I had to install it and remove it at least 6 times to make sure i was bending it in the right place and not have to use a coupling or union to join it together
i know it is!, hence the comment.. Nice
Jeff - WA6EQU

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
SCVJeff wrote:
No comment on the appliances, but that install job is b e a u t I f u l ! I love your compound bend around the corner.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks! Believe it or not, that is one piece of stainless tubing the whole way. I had to install it and remove it at least 6 times to make sure i was bending it in the right place and not have to use a coupling or union to join it together
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff - WA6EQU

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:
Vintage465 wrote:
I have a Coleman single burner stove that uses the throw away cylinder to fire it. If it will run off 30psig and the Grill will run off 30pisg, then I will install the reg up at the tanks upstream of the rubber High Pressure Hose.

They will. Back when we owned our Fleetwood Santa Fe which presented a regulated high pressure feed of ~ 16 p.s.i. via a male 1"-20 threaded fitting on the curb side of the trailer I would split that feed with a Marshall T, use one leg to feed the two burner high pressure outside stove and the other leg to feed my Weber Q100. If all three burners were running full tilt there was a small decrease in performance, but only a small decrease. In practical terms it worked just fine and I used it this way for 6 yrs.

So this little guy will run of 30psig no problem?
V-465

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
I have a Coleman single burner stove that uses the throw away cylinder to fire it. If it will run off 30psig and the Grill will run off 30pisg, then I will install the reg up at the tanks upstream of the rubber High Pressure Hose.

They will. Back when we owned our Fleetwood Santa Fe which presented a regulated high pressure feed of ~ 16 p.s.i. via a male 1"-20 threaded fitting on the curb side of the trailer I would split that feed with a Marshall T, use one leg to feed the two burner high pressure outside stove and the other leg to feed my Weber Q100. If all three burners were running full tilt there was a small decrease in performance, but only a small decrease. In practical terms it worked just fine and I used it this way for 6 yrs.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380