cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Repair

dallaswinn
Explorer
Explorer
Last November was the last time I camped in my RV. I had a blowout on the way there and then while limping to camp, my brake lights and hazard lights and blinkers all went out. We made it to camp and located someone to help get the lights working so I could drive home. Oh, and while camping I realized the levelers also would not work. Anyway to make a long story short, he said it was the multi module that had gone out and since we didn't have time to find one so he was able to by pass it to get me brake lights and blinkers to get me home. So, now we are trying to replace/repair this multi module and I have a guy who can do the work but we can't find the part and don't know what we're looking for. Apparently the guy who by passed it, removed it. Anyway, can someone tell me where I might find one to get all this stuff working again? This is a 1996 Four Winds motorhome (Ford E350).

Oh, and don't know how the blowout could have anything to do with the module failure cause there are no exposed wires underneath the right rear side where the tire blew. Anyway, please help if you can offer any advice. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

dallaswinn
Explorer
Explorer
ncscz wrote:
Sounds like Multifunction Switch. Price can vary significantly - make sure the VIN is checked to make sure you get the correct one. I paid $100+ for parts and installation on a 1996 Ranger at least 10 years ago.

For Fords of that year, the switch typically controlled high/low headlight, turn signals, wipers and emergency flasher.

Thanks so much ncscz. Yes, all those things went out so that makes sense. Will check into it.

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like Multifunction Switch. Price can vary significantly - make sure the VIN is checked to make sure you get the correct one. I paid $100+ for parts and installation on a 1996 Ranger at least 10 years ago.

For Fords of that year, the switch typically controlled high/low headlight, turn signals, wipers and emergency flasher.
CarriGo
Model 2320

dallaswinn
Explorer
Explorer
tobydad wrote:
I am not sure exactly what the multi module is. It might be the directional switch, which I had to have replaced because of bake light failure. I got ridiculous quotes from two garages and found the part here http://www.partsgeek.com/ for half the cost. Make sure that you order for the chassis year not the coach year.

tobydad, I think that is the same thing. I think he said it was in the steering column? Does that sound right? I will check the link you gave me. Thanks!

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you contact the chassis mfgr and ask them. Would need more specific details to offer other suggestions.
Possibly a mobile tech that knows the older units can help you.
Maybe you can find an old Ford tech.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure exactly what the multi module is. It might be the directional switch, which I had to have replaced because of bake light failure. I got ridiculous quotes from two garages and found the part here http://www.partsgeek.com/ for half the cost. Make sure that you order for the chassis year not the coach year.