Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Hybrid Value

robsox
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

We are getting ready to make the leap from our class B to a towable. One of the options we are considering is getting a used trailer first to determine exactly what we need/want and then buying new.

We found a small (17') coachmen apex hybrid model and really like the layout but the listed prices at dealers seem to be close to the cost of new. Is this common practice by dealers (to list very high and bargain or convince people to buy new I mean)?

The units I've seen locally are from 2013 and 2011 and listed at $15,000 which is just a little below what they could have been purchased for new in those years.

I had thought the price would be around 8K for the 2013 and 6.5k for the 2011 based on my research.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have, as a first time buyer, processing all of the necessary information is a little overwhelming.

Rob
6 REPLIES 6

Burnt_Marshmall
Explorer
Explorer
robsox wrote:

I had thought the price would be around 8K for the 2013 and 6.5k for the 2011 based on my research.

I'm getting ready to sell my 2010 Roo 21SS and the wholesale price is around $5k, retail is just under $10K based on NADA and Kelley Blue Book.

We hope to be able to sell it wholesale to a good friends daughter, I'd rather sell it cheap to family than the dealer.

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Key to bargaining is being willing to walk away. Have backup plans and keep looking. Don't overpay.

I didn't think hybrid's held their value that well even compared to already big depreciation of TT's.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

bid_time
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check NADA pricing and go from there.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
robsox wrote:
I agree with you. That said, I'm not sure how they'll respond to the 40-50% I was thinking! While the MSRP was higher, I know you could buy them new for around $17,000.

Offer them 50% off see what happens but figure your price you are comfortable with and stick with it. Don't know tell you ask.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

robsox
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with you. That said, I'm not sure how they'll respond to the 40-50% I was thinking! While the MSRP was higher, I know you could buy them new for around $17,000.

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, there,

I don't know how things are there in Boston, but a few years ago when I bought my used Kodiak 160 SVT, I offered the dealer 20% off his asking price and he agreed. The customer service during and after the sale was excellent, too. I was raised to never pay full price for anything. Just sayin'
BabaMartha