cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Super Bowl parking?

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys. If the New England Patriots go to the Super Bowl, February 5th. 2017, I would like to stay at a campground OR if anyone has an alternative idea. I have a 30 foot Class C. Any and all ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You. Louie
25 REPLIES 25

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
All I could afford wrote:
How did u make out Louie?
He left a reply HERE. He survived the trip and saw one heck of a finish as well as Goodell handing the trophy to the Pats. :B
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah Louie, inquiring minds want to know.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
How did u make out Louie?
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys. Tomorrow mourning Tuesday 31st. I should know if the Elks organization in Stafford,Tx. has a spot. If it does, it is about 13.5 miles to NRG stadium. Louie

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
South Main RV Park. Right across I-610 from NRG stadium. Ghetto on one side and a crack hotel on the other. Be brave.
Let us know when you're on your way home.
You got a toad, or you have to drive the class C everywhere?

Lakeview RV 11991 Main Street probably your best bet.

I've stayed here. The park is nice. It is mostly used by hospital patient families. If you can get in, I'd do it very convenient.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
realdeal1003 wrote:
OH MY. Here we go again, again, again. Patriots 36 Steelers 17. spoon059, I am sure you are hurting. As you gain experience, it comes down to 'guarded optimism'. For whatever reason, I feel your pain. We have our work cut out for us. Atlanta is a scoring machine. So was the "Greatest show on turf. Defense and the team that makes the least mistakes usually wins. Well, back to my original question. Louie

Ouch. Thankfully I stopped the bleeding around the middle of the 3rd quarter and turned off the tv.

LETS GO FALCONS!:B
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer

Parking!

Seriously, watch the game on tv.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Louie can you do the catheter swap in a stadium mens room? Is gonna be difficult to leave and go back to the motorhome unless they let you park in the NRG lot.
Just me, driving from R.I. to Houston and the RV hassles, I would fly and look for a hotel with a shuttle service.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer
OH MY. Here we go again, again, again. Patriots 36 Steelers 17. spoon059, I am sure you are hurting. As you gain experience, it comes down to 'guarded optimism'. For whatever reason, I feel your pain. We have our work cut out for us. Atlanta is a scoring machine. So was the "Greatest show on turf. Defense and the team that makes the least mistakes usually wins. Well, back to my original question. Louie

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Louie I would seriously consider "stealth" parking the night before the game. South of the stadium is more industrial. North is the big Texas Medical Center, and north of that is the central business district. Due east of NRG are a lot of apartments. That would be my first choice. Anywhere that doesn't have a "No Parking" sign will work. I wouldn't be running a generator all night in front of someones house though. Stealth....no lights, no gen, steps up, etc. I would have a chain to slip through the spokes of the front wheel and suspension to maybe prevent a tow while you're away.
Train system runs basically north and south from the stadium area to central business district.
It will be a mess. Good luck. Let us know.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=questions+about+houston+for+superbowl+visitors
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck. I suspect as others have mentioned, you probably won't be able to get within reasonable distance of the stadium with your RV.

Even if you find someone who knows the stadium layout etc, its liable to be handled totally different on SB Sunday.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys. First let me say thank you for all your responses. spoon059, we should all be so positive. Now here is my dilemma. First off, I do NOT have a toad. Secondly, having had bladder cancer, I now use a catheter as a urinary diversion. About every 5 to 6 hours I do a catherization which can take between 20 to 30 minutes. Having the motor home makes it somewhat easier because my supplies are right there to do my cath. So as you can see, I have to have the RV within a reasonable distance. If I knew I was going to get such numerous responses, I know I would have been more descriptive initially. Now lets see what you guys can hopefully come up with. Thank You. Louie

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm probably in the minority here but I don't even watch the game on TV.

But we do like camping so it would be fun people watching
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Each Superbowl is unique. The parking, the transportation and the security is vastly different than a regular season game. Even if you found someone on this forum that religiously went to Texan games in an identical rig, their experience wouldn't translate to the Superbowl. I have been fortunate to have been to three, two of which were at stadiums where I had previously attended a regular season game. You aren't going to be able to get an RV within a country mile of the game. Find a park well outside the impact area of the game and take the public transportation to the game. It's going to be an all day affair. You don't drive up, go to your seat, watch the game and get home in five hours.
Superbowls are truly amazing events, but in reality, the game is better enjoyed on television. Those great commercials are just long breaks in game action. That halftime show isn't that great if you aren't on the 50 yard line facing the stage. If the tickets end up costing around $5000 a seat (and that is probably what you are going to pay), plan on spending nearly that much on the parties, the surrounding events, food, drink, lodging, transportation etc. I would never go to one if I wasn't financially willing and able to do the entire experience.