cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck Reviews from up North

demiles
Explorer
Explorer
A truck round up from the great white north, I guess they don't like Fords up there.
Roundup
2008 Jayco G2 28RBS
2016 Nissan XD 5.0L Cummins
21 REPLIES 21

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
The_real_wild1 wrote:
spud1957 wrote:
I'm in Canada. Never heard of these boys. That could be why Ford didn't give a rats a$$ about the comparison.

And since the F series has been the best selling "brand" in Canada for over 40 years as well, why bother. These tests have little significance to sales. Consumers speak with their wallets, not some 3rd rate online publication that no one has heard of.

GM is actually the number one selling brand.

Chevy and GMC are brands, GM is the parent company.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
v10superduty wrote:

I would suggest however that you quit watching the FORD commercials anyway. you might start wanting one...:B

Ford builds a nice truck. Had they had a decent dealer network here in town I would have not looked elsewhere. At least until I started working for Chrysler anyway.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
OK then tell me why did Ford change their commercial from the F-150 is the highest selling truck. To F-Series are the highest selling trucks? I posted a link showing that all F-Series are included. Please post a link showing I am wrong and I will be more than happy to retract my post.

Don

Really Don.. :S
You post a link to Wikipedia???
As if that tells you anything.

I would suggest however that you quit watching the FORD commercials anyway. you might start wanting one...:B
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
OK then tell me why did Ford change their commercial from the F-150 is the highest selling truck. To F-Series are the highest selling trucks? I posted a link showing that all F-Series are included. Please post a link showing I am wrong and I will be more than happy to retract my post.

Don

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Did anyone bother to read the **** article?

Under the half ton truck segment it said this " Of course I have to mention what is missing from the list. Ford. The leader in half-ton Canadian truck sales choose not to compete. Despite having entered trucks in every other Truck King competition since 2006 this year they declined. No specific reason was given and while I certainly have my own theories as to why, I wonโ€™t speculate. They were invited โ€“ they said no โ€“ we continued on without them."

As for Ford being number one in truck sales. Well it's all in how you say it and Ford says "Ford F-Series trucks are the number one selling truck in America. It should be noted that all trucks built by Ford are labeled F-Series. Problem is they are the only ones selling 650 and 750 trucks and they add those trucks into their numbers.

"The Ford F-Series is a series of light-duty trucks and medium-duty trucks (Class 2-7) that have been marketed and manufactured by Ford Motor Company since 1948. While most variants of the F-Series trucks are full-size pickup trucks, the F-Series also includes chassis cab trucks and commercial vehicles. The Ford F-Series has been the best-selling vehicle in the United States since 1981 and the best-selling pickup since 1977.[1][2] It is also the best selling vehicle in Canada." LINK

Smart marketing and since most people are to lazy to do any real research for themselves it has worked out very well for Ford. Funny when you ask the Reps at the Auto Shows about this they just look at you all dumbfounded and say they are not aware of that or just walk away from you. LOL

Again very very smart of Ford and a big thumbs up for having the best marketing team bar none! They build a great truck just like their competitors do.

Don

Don, you should stick to posting info about FCA which you seem fairly accurate about.

This post of yours is just silly, you know that the F650/750 numbers are not included in the monthly sales numbers Ford and other "manufacturers" post.

In 2016 Ford was the highest sales volume manufacturer in Canada. FCA 2nd
In 2015 FCA was highest. Ford 2nd.

The fellow from Alberta just ignores the fact that for both years GM was 3rd and try's to say they were highest.. :S
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
95 percent of GM's sold in the last 12 years are still on the road................ the other 5percent made it home without breaking down.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy writes:

"Did anyone bother to read the **** article?

Under the half ton truck segment it said this " Of course I have to mention what is missing from the list. Ford. The leader in half-ton Canadian truck sales choose not to compete. Despite having entered trucks in every other Truck King competition since 2006 this year they declined..."

Yes, I did. In fact, I posted the same sentences a couple of posts before you.

Please read the other posts before you make general sweeping statements about all the 'other' posts.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone bother to read the **** article? ON EDIT: to exclude Lessmore, feel better now buddy?

Under the half ton truck segment it said this " Of course I have to mention what is missing from the list. Ford. The leader in half-ton Canadian truck sales choose not to compete. Despite having entered trucks in every other Truck King competition since 2006 this year they declined. No specific reason was given and while I certainly have my own theories as to why, I wonโ€™t speculate. They were invited โ€“ they said no โ€“ we continued on without them."

As for Ford being number one in truck sales. Well it's all in how you say it and Ford says "Ford F-Series trucks are the number one selling truck in America. It should be noted that all trucks built by Ford are labeled F-Series. Problem is they are the only ones selling 650 and 750 trucks and they add those trucks into their numbers.

"The Ford F-Series is a series of light-duty trucks and medium-duty trucks (Class 2-7) that have been marketed and manufactured by Ford Motor Company since 1948. While most variants of the F-Series trucks are full-size pickup trucks, the F-Series also includes chassis cab trucks and commercial vehicles. The Ford F-Series has been the best-selling vehicle in the United States since 1981 and the best-selling pickup since 1977.[1][2] It is also the best selling vehicle in Canada." LINK

Smart marketing and since most people are to lazy to do any real research for themselves it has worked out very well for Ford. Funny when you ask the Reps at the Auto Shows about this they just look at you all dumbfounded and say they are not aware of that or just walk away from you. LOL

Again very very smart of Ford and a big thumbs up for having the best marketing team bar none! They build a great truck just like their competitors do.

Don

WillyB
Explorer
Explorer
These guys have been doing the Truck Challenge for years here in Ontario. They use different drivers and swap around the trucks. They tow heavy loads and do offroad tests as well to get an all-around view. I seem to recall that Ford didn't put a truck in this year. Might have been some sort of transition year for Ford or something, as they are always represented in the Challenge.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting to note the following about Ford in the link.

"Of course I have to mention what is missing from the list. Ford. The leader in half-ton Canadian truck sales choose not to compete. Despite having entered trucks in every other Truck King competition since 2006 this year they declined. No specific reason was given.."

Why this would be, I don't know. I've got a buddy who has a 2013 F150 he has had from new. It's a very good truck, no problems so far.

womps
Explorer
Explorer
The_real_wild1 wrote:
spud1957 wrote:
I'm in Canada. Never heard of these boys. That could be why Ford didn't give a rats a$$ about the comparison.

And since the F series has been the best selling "brand" in Canada for over 40 years as well, why bother. These tests have little significance to sales. Consumers speak with their wallets, not some 3rd rate online publication that no one has heard of.

Even when you add the Chev, GMC, Canyon & Colorado sales in Canada for 2016 they are still about 35,000 fewer trucks sold than the Ford F series.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
The_real_wild1 wrote:
spud1957 wrote:
And since the F series has been the best selling "brand" in Canada for over 40 years as well, why bother.

GM is a manufacturer, GMC and Chevrolet are the brands. Spud1957 is making a specific point and his comment is correct. I understand the point that you are making, but you are technically wrong. Making a snarky comment about Ford doesn't make you any less wrong.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever makes you feel better about your ford lmao.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
The_real_wild1 wrote:
spud1957 wrote:

GM is not a 'brand'

super duty beat me to it
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-