cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Guy Trailer Just Keeps Expanding!

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
Little Guy Trailer, known for their teardrops, has taken on Scotty Trailers and now is adding Parkliner to their lineup. I have read that they give good customer service, so it might be worth keeping an eye on them as they expand choices for people looking for small trailers:

www.golittleguy.com
Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day
5 REPLIES 5

Jacksons
Explorer
Explorer
took a tour of their factory this fall, and was very impressed with their quality build procedures and trailers. one thing that stood out to me was that they test every item in every trailer,and used top notch materials. I do not own stock in their company and am not employed by them.
2002 Rockwood 8272s
2005 Yukon xl Denali 6.0
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
Little Guy had some serious quality issues with tears subcontracted to a builder in Indiana. I have not heard of any problems since, but they are an entry level tear.
CampInn or AT are both good quality. Over half of the tears I have seen are home made and are limited only by the imagination and skill of the craftsman.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
As I understand it, Little Guy will not be building the Parkliners. They will market them through their dealer network. Parkliner up until now was sold factory direct only.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would love to have one of these off-road versions teardrop trailers...

Google image

Oregon Trailer builds this one...

This model shown has the tent setup mounted on top of the trailer...

google image

Would fit into my one man off-road radio ops setups just perfect and go anywhere my 4X4 truck would pull it to...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, when the "little guy" (manufacturer - pick your choice) first starts out, they usually start for a few years with a very well built RV and they take personal pride in every unit that goes out the door. They develop a good reputation so the demand for more and more goes up. This results in expansion of the company, and also results in a need to spit the units out the door faster. Still, quality "can" be maintained, even at a faster rate.

But then when RV manufacturers begin to acquire other RV manufacturers and now expansion includes another company all together, those bad habits and bad practices now become a part of the original company. And the need to manufacturer even faster now and spit out even more, because now the company has to start showing profits for their new acquisition!

So you know what? Within a short while, quality goes to He!! and they become ... just another company that ends up getting nothing but complaints about on these forums.

My suggestion? Buy the "Little Guy" right now before THIER quality goes down the toilet too!