cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2003 Minnie Winnie Propane gauge leaking

Bobbybushae
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums here and a new RV'er. We bought a really nice 2003 Minnie Winnie but we have an issue with the propane gauge leaking a very small amount of propane from the threads. It's a Manchester and still looking for a gauge for it. My question is should I empty the tank, unscrew the gauge, clean it up along with the threads and reinstall it? Should I look for a new gauge? Or should I bite the bullet and have a new tank installed for $700?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
rwhit52650 wrote:
If the gauge threads are leaking, completely empty the tank, remove gauge, clean and reinstall using a thread sealant designated for gas appliance's. Should be an easy fix.
I agree!

Bobbybushae
Explorer
Explorer
OK Thanks, I have sprayed soap water and found where the leak is so I know its the gauge. I just have to empty the tank now lol. I'll take it off and clean it.

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, I have a 2003 Winnebago Mini also (24V) I had a propane leak from that area also but it turned out to be the vent knob not tight enough. Simply hand tightended it and it stopped. May want to check that first. Also another thing to check on that vehicle is the wall/corner joint on the over cab section . Mine and several others here noticed a distinct lack of sealing and water infiltration at that location. Ask if you are interested in more specifics.

rwhit52650
Explorer
Explorer
If the gauge threads are leaking completely empty the tank remove gauge clean and reinstall using a thread sealant designated for gas appliance's Should be an easy fix.