cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newport, Oregon

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning a summer trip to the area and it looks like Beverly Beach is pretty booked at this point. We're doing a group camp with some family so we need more than one site. Any feedback on private campgrounds that aren't too far away from Newport? Looks like Whalers Rest and Seal Rocks are pretty close.

Any info would be appreciated!
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB
20 REPLIES 20

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
X 2 on this one.

We were not set up more than 5 minutes when we get greeted by the camp host with a handful of brochures, coupons, bus schedule & a wealth of info.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Ed C wrote:
Pacific Shores is about 3 miles south of Beverly Beach and is beautiful! It's a little pricey but nice

P.S. is motor homes only!!

Don't expect any CGS to be available in August on the Central OR coast this year. The expected eclipse center line will be just north of Newport on Aug. 21!! To the best of my knowledge all cgs have been booked solid for that time period.
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try the 3 group camps at Beverly Beach??
cpaulsen

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We only stayed 2 days as we were on the move but we enjoyed and would stay at the Marina RV Park at The Port of Newport again when in the area.

Our Trip Report
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, my wife and I stayed at the Whalers Rest TT campground. The only good thing we can say about it is that the membership fee was free. We called ahead, made a reservation, told them what we had, size, etc. Book reservation. Arrived early afternoon, told them we had a reservation then asked about site number. Gate "guard" told us "just drive around till you find something". So we did. Sites are jammed together, power connections about to fall over. Site we ended up in had dog poop all over it (general condition of CG was poorly kept up. Kids played area looked like an accident waiting to happen. "Store" and "community" center were rarely open. Never did see anyone from the CG going around cleaning things up. I am not a Thousand Trail fan, but was really disappointed in this place, so much that we cut our stay short after 1 night. There are lots of other campgrounds around the area, especially the State Parks which are much better and much cleaner. The whole Oregon coast thing is hard to get sites lately and you really have to book ahead. You may get lucky just pulling into one and find a site for a 1 or 2 day stay that is not continuously booked. We are getting a new MH now and again, we get the free TT 1 year membership. Not sure if or how much we will use it again.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
lanerd wrote:
IdaD wrote:
Rogue makes some pretty good brews.

Dead Guy Ale is my favorite....along with their Kobe cheese burger!

Ron

They also have a distillery and make a Dead Guy Whiskey. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, we did the tour last year. Very interesting.
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
lanerd wrote:
IdaD wrote:

Ron

They also have a distillery and make a Dead Guy Whiskey. ๐Ÿ™‚
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
IdaD wrote:

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed in South Beach State Park a year or so ago. As I recall we had water and electric hook-up at site, but no sewer. It is a very large park with multiple loops. Only small negative I remember is the fact that there was only one dump station for a very large number of sites. Still, we had no problem when leaving.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
IdaD wrote:
Thanks for all the tips, guys. The others want full hook ups so I think we'll shoot for the Port park. Not generally my idea of camping but being next to the brewery will make it tolerable. Rogue makes some pretty good brews.

How long are you planing on staying? South Beach SP is just south of the bridge. True no full hookups,but a great park, with a dump station.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
30 miles is Sea Perch RV Resort top notch
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

avan
Explorer
Explorer
For the Port, make sure you get into the actual RV park and not into the "overflow area". Again, JMO
www.putt10.net

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
The Port RV park is a nice parking lot. But lots of activity there with the fishing. And the sunsets over the bridge are to die for. Been there 3 times.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the tips, guys. The others want full hook ups so I think we'll shoot for the Port park. Not generally my idea of camping but being next to the brewery will make it tolerable. Rogue makes some pretty good brews.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB