cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MSRP

k9dad
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to purchase a "new" high end V10 gasser. What percentage off MSRP should I be looking at when I negotiate price. MSRP of models under consideration are between 168-180 K.
12 REPLIES 12

Boon_Dogger
Explorer
Explorer
Kind if off topic, as I'm looking at used. But you often see sellers show original sticker price on used coaches to highlight how much off sticker they are offering. I recently saw a 3 year old unit with a $400K sticker, offered at $277K. Probably not much lower than they actually paid.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I have seen posts where buyers claimed 25-30 percent off on Tiffins, @ Lazy Days RV, Tampa.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shop around. You'll be negotiating against a dealer profit margins. Some are more willing to negotiate than others. Expand your potential sales circle further. Having to travel to save thousands might not be a bad option to consider but there is a potential one downside concerning post sale warranty service. Little if any profit in the work and service center that did not sell that coach might not be all that willing to service it.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
Out of curiosity, I just requested a quote from RV Direct. A Newmar Ventana, with the options I choose, had MSRP of $336K. RV Direct email with price quote of $237k came back within 5 minutes. Right at 30% off. FYI
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
MSRP is Not standard. It seems that a dealer can order model "X" with a MSRP of whatever they want and another dealer can order model "X" with a different MSRP.
Exactly the same unit different MSRP.
What you need to do is look at an "OUT THE DOOR PRICE"
and you are negotiating an out the door price because dealers like to load added fees etc to the price negotiated and make you feel as if it is standard practice.
SO BEWARE tell the dealer you want and out the door price. ONly sales Tax and ACTUAL DMV fees added on
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
that big MSRP sticker on the window is a number the dealer dreamed up. so he can discount the price by thousands. do your home work on the net and find out what they are really selling for .

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
Before I bought my motorhome, did a lot of looking on RVTrader.com. If you have a make/model/floor plan picked out, you can compare prices around the country to see what the market is, then you can know what kind of a deal you are getting.

As previously mentioned, also check out the "out the door" price as some dealers will add various charges, and if you are going to finance, definitely shop for your best rate.

k9dad
Explorer
Explorer
Do not have a "buddy list". And already got several replies. Maybe the forum doesn't like MSRP questions or you are doing something wrong.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Hey K9,

You may want to check your private message setting. You have it set so you can only get one based on your buddy list. I'd change that were I you? Some of the best information I got came from the PM!

Just a thought

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the brand also. I got 35% off on my Thor. I tried to negotiate a Winnie once and their best was 20%. Shop around and pit dealers against one another. Also try RVdirect.com. They will give you a quote in minutes that is about as good a deal as you are likely to get. Then take that price to other dealers.
2013 ACE 29.2

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It depends. The higher they set the MSRP, the larger of a discount they can offer to get you yo buy.

Compare the Out The Door Price if you want something realistic.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The website blocks my response. I guess Marcus doesn't allow negotiation at Camping World stores.

Tried to send you a PM but your listed as restricted to "buddy list" only.