2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
10 REPLIES 10

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Wadcutter wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Still not sure what any of this has to do though with that "??????Commander" you mentioned in your first post ... have no idea what that is. :h

I wonder if he has an AntennaTek Signal Commander antenna. That's what's on my Big Country. From the ground they look like a Winegard. They have "Commander" stamped on the housing. It works as well as the Winegards I had on other 5ers.
The Wingman doesn't just snap on the Signal Commander like it does for the Winegard. It's not difficult to put a Wingman on a Signal Commander. Just need a couple of holes drilled in the correct place and I used a couple of rubber spacers so the Wingman sits level.

That is what I have and it is toast-------at least the wiring is.
I will remove all of it to include the lift/raise mechanism and install the WG IV in its entirety. I will replace the Coax as well as I don't have continuity with the present coax. I think moisture got to the connectors.
Sorry I wasn't able to answer your earlier question better.
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:

Well as you can see the OP ignored my question and never really did tell us what a "Commander" is. :R Regardless, now that he's ordered a Sensar IV the obvious question would be whether it's directly interchangeable with this "Commander" or whether he's going to have to do some inventive DIY to complete the installation. :h

I never tried swapping a Winegard for my AntennaTek but it appears that it would be a simple swap out. Pull the 2 pins, remove one and stick on the other. Operated the same.
Camped in every state

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Still not sure what any of this has to do though with that "??????Commander" you mentioned in your first post ... have no idea what that is. :h

Wadcutter wrote:
I wonder if he has an AntennaTek Signal Commander antenna.

Well as you can see the OP ignored my question and never really did tell us what a "Commander" is. :R Regardless, now that he's ordered a Sensar IV the obvious question would be whether it's directly interchangeable with this "Commander" or whether he's going to have to do some inventive DIY to complete the installation. :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:

I wonder if he has an AntennaTek Signal Commander antenna. That's what's on my Big Country. From the ground they look like a Winegard. They have "Commander" stamped on the housing. It works as well as the Winegards I had on other 5ers.
The Wingman doesn't just snap on the Signal Commander like it does for the Winegard. It's not difficult to put a Wingman on a Signal Commander. Just need a couple of holes drilled in the correct place and I used a couple of rubber spacers so the Wingman sits level.
Camped in every state

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget to add the sensor pro.
Or add it later I guess.
Horizon170 wrote:
Thanks everyone, I'll order the IV.
Marvin
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, I'll order the IV.
Marvin
Marvin

1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
What you've linked to is about the best there is in antennas suitable for RV use - a Winegard Sensar IV. However, I'm unclear as to what you're asking. :h

Horizon170 wrote:
I just want a good WG with wingman. I don't know the models. What I have is Kaput and needs replacing with new. What's the difference in a III and IV as far as performance? Is the $109.00 price competitive?

A Winegard Sensar IV is simply a Sensar III with the Wingman option added to it. The Wingman won't do anything to improve VHF reception but will improve your reception on UHF channels which is where many stations relocated to during the move from analogue to digital transmission. Still not sure what any of this has to do though with that "??????Commander" you mentioned in your first post ... have no idea what that is. :h

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
What you've linked to is about the best there is in antennas suitable for RV use - a Winegard Sensar IV. However, I'm unclear as to what you're asking. :h
I just want a good WG with wingman. I don't know the models. What I have is Kaput and needs replacing with new. What's the difference in a III and IV as far as performance? Is the $109.00 price competitive?
Marvin
Marvin

1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

rdnkjeeper
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought about just adding the addition to the antenna? I was planning on doing that this spring. I have tried to include a link and it wouldn't work. I guess the third time is the charm.

Like this

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer