cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 Daymon Daybreak

richhoward
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, RV newbie here! I have been lurking for a while and reading/learning. Decided to make a post with some questions... bought a 2007 Damon Daybreak 3276 back in October and wanting to upgrade a few things.

#1) I took the old tube tv out of the front area above the windshield. I measured 26" wide and 22 ~3/4" tall opening. Any suggestions on what flat screen tvs to replace it with? Can I buy just any tv or does it have to be for 12v? Also any tips on how to mount a new one up there? Brackets...etc?

#2) Looking to replace the backup camera. Backup camera works great with the built in mic but the display is black/white and very hard to see sometimes. I measured the display as 5", so do I just need to buy one with a 5" display? Any advice on brands or going wireless? Something I can do myself or need to have an car audio type expert change?

#3) I noticed outside under one of the pass through storage areas a TV mount, I measured the width between the two hydraulic type rods to open/close as 39", any advice again on a tv size? I assume when I am not using it I should probably store it inside maybe under the master bed.

#4) Storing the motorhome on gravel, read a ton of posts but I noticed some at the storage facility are on gravel and a couple have a rubber mat under the tires. Advice on this? Where can I find the rubber mats they had?

#5) The refrigerator shelves and areas have some rust, any advice on where to find new shelves and remove the rust?

#6) Any advice on how to clean what looks like almost food or cigarette type ash burns on the day night shades? Any idea how to easily "fold" them back in each crease so they close easily?

Thanks again as always for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome Richhoward! Can tell you that we have replaced tvs in our MOHO. We bought our Tvs a little larger than the hole the old ones were stuck in. We put a sheet of plywood over the holes (stained to match our wood) Then just hung the tvs on that. Worked well and we got bigger TV's. Now those cigarette burn marks. We bought a 2008 Revolution that had those by the dining table. I grabbed a couple of Clorox wipes and rubbed the burn marks. the clorox lightened the stains so much that you have to be sitting right beside them and looking for them to notice them. I slid the blinds up and let them dry to help the shape. If they are really dark stains, do it a little and then later do some more. Don't try to do it all at once or you wlll have a hole in your blind. Good luck. And again, welcome!
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
To remove rust you have to scrape it or wire wheel it off and buff. The thing is that depending on how rusty and surrounding materials changing how to remove it.

For the gravel you can use white rock gravel. Do not use pea gravel. Something more robust is good, but I would suggest a compactor if you can use one.

Steam cleaners will work fine for the shades.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
1) buy a 120 volt AC unit, purchase an inverter to operate it off 12 volts DC. Inverter should be sized to be able to run TV, DVD player and a possibility of a satellite receiver.
2) On your own. You need to check what kind of cabling exists as a color setup may not work with what is there.
3) you need to measure the sets you like. It should be able to be left in compartment. I would wrap it in a shipping blanket to be extra protective
4) good quality gravel about 4-6 inches thick should do. Make sure it drains water away. 3/4 inch minus placed over 1 1/4 minus
5) refer shelves show up on Amazon and ebay. You need to locate your make and model.
6) using a steam cleaner type vacuum on the shades clean them and the left over moisture allows some to be reshaped. Make sure they dry fairly quickly or you will be fighting mold.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
On your TV, I replaced a 27" with a 32" led. Measure the frame opening, then measures so TVs at walmart or Best Buy, buy one that fits best.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am also trying to figure out the best way to do the shades. Have seen that others used oxyclean, but can't figure out if they left them all gathered up (doesn't seem like they would get clean) or if not, how did they dry them and get the pleats back, so, maybe someone can give us both hints.

Our tv only operates on 110 either when we are plugged in, or if the generator is supplying 110 power. People we know have just bought a flat screen tv and replaced the old. We know some just tore the old cabinet out and the new hanger and the tv covered the opening. Others moved it to a different location and converted the old cabinet for other use. We still have our old one. Waiting for it to die. As far as the backup camera. ours is black & white also. It's fine except when the sun is shining on the camera outside, then it's hard to see. Usually the shield above it does a good job - just certain times of the day. Is this maybe your problem? The sun. For refrigerator shelves, I would just google whatever brand/model your frig is like, Norcold 1200 parts and you should get something up. I have seen them.