cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgraded Entertainment Center

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I recently redid my entire entertainment area for the third time!

I used this unit that I'm VERY happy with

Jensen JWM6A Bluetooth Capable Device. AM, FM, DVD, USB, HDMI. Streaming Audio from Bluetooth Enabled Audio Sources Devices

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01979UKMM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Added a Winegard RFL-332 SensarPro and a mount for my XM radio

Added three switches above the XM radio, first one powers the Sensar and the other two are for future stuff

Below is a DC Volt meter, cigarette lighter jack and two USB charging outlets

A little "pocket below" is for storage of remote controls

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
15 REPLIES 15

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious how good the sound quality is. Our fifth wheel came with an IRV33 and the best thing I can say about it is it sucks. It's on the list of projects to get to but haven't yet. There are not a lot of options for this type of unit on the market.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I mounted my XM docking station on the ent counter in my 5th wheel. I then ran an XM antennae extension cable down thru the walls and under the 5er out to the rear curb side. I installed the female extension end in an exterior elec box that has a hinged cover. Keeps it dry and clean while en-route. I have another 25' or so antennae that I plug into that. That allows me to position the XM antennae anywhere outside the 5er for the best reception. Lots of trees in Oregon.

mike2wheels
Explorer
Explorer
For my Sirius radio I put the antenna inside the front cap on an electrical box behind the clearance lights. The box is metal so the magnetic mount works.

To the OP, what did you use for the mounting panel? It looks like black plastic. Is it 1/8 inch?
2005 Honda Gold Wing
2006 HR Endeavor 40PAQ

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a JWM6A Jensen installed at the factory - the unit is about a year and a half old, and I can barely see the display - it is dim! There's a setting in the menu to change the intensity of the display but not the button backlights, I have it at maximum brightness.

I see no warranty info in the manual (downloadable from Jensen RV Direct)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance!
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted a piece of galvanized sheet steel to the roof and used the XM radio magnetic mount that came with the radio. There are pictures of this somewhere on my web site.... www.rvbprecision.com
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L

Ryanjb01
Explorer
Explorer
Question:

What did you do for the XM radio? You mentioned an antenna.

I have/use a portable XM radio, made for indoor use. I am finding myslef always searching for somewhere to place the antenna so it will get reception.

I am curious as to what you use or did for XM

Thanks in advance

Ryan
2018 GMC 3500 Denali Crew Cab Dually Duramax/Allison ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
Ryan, Marsha, Alyssa and Emily

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" ~ Thomas Edison

tmartin000
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the heat sink is about 1/3 the size of the other one.....So, it certainly is possible that the output wattage is less. So, I looked for the product spec's.....

Bummer.

AWM975....132 watts; 3-zone
JWM6A (new one)....... ONLY 50 watts is the Maximum Power Output (Watts x Channel)

That pretty much proves my point... ๐Ÿ˜ž

I was even only using 1 channel...
2001 Lance 835. SOLD
2009 Lance 1191. SOLD
2021 Lance 1172

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
No, Mine works fine with lots of volume
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L

tmartin000
Explorer
Explorer
i've got a question for you, after upgrading from the previous Jensen unit to this new Jensen unit the volume I get out of the speakers is almost half of what I got out of the older unit are you noticing the same thing?

wow, if this is the way it's going to go I would not recommend this unit at all horrible upgrade!
2001 Lance 835. SOLD
2009 Lance 1191. SOLD
2021 Lance 1172

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
If you look close there is a series of bungee cords in front of that little opening to keep the remotes from falling out. I love the 19RR. Perfect for the type of camping we do.
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
You did a nice job. All you need is a mini cargo net on the pocket. How do you like your Cherokee 19RR?

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Job well done.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Really good job!! Looks great!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You!
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L