cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from Bahia de kino to Puerto Penasco

insask
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advice on condition of highways for this route. #3 up the coast or Hermosillo, Santa Ana route?
3 REPLIES 3

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
If you do chose this route, Puerto Libertad is a great stop. Take the time and drive down to the coast just South of the Naval Base / Power Plant.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Playabound
Explorer
Explorer
We just traveled the Costera from Puerto Penasco to Kino Bay in a 35' class A with toad. In general, the road is reasonable from Puerto Penasco to Puerto Libertad. There are pot holey sections coming out of Puerto Penasco, but then it good till Puerto Libertad. About 20 mls out of Libertad there is a washed out section with a detour onto packed sand/ mud. We had to crawl through this at idle speed for maybe 5 mins. There was a long stretch of broken pavement and potholes which gradually improved as we got closer to Kino. It took us 6 hrs, and saved the hassle and time of going through Hermosillo. I would not want to try it in wet weather or a larger vehicle.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
It is hard to get current info on the road to Libertad ( 36). The last info I have is that the road is OK for a truck or SUV but not for an RV. When that road is bad ( normal) it is horrible. We have had lots of rain so the potholes will be huge. The Coastal road is always good but I think there is construction after that. We have gone the long route to Santa Ana and then Caborca. If it were me I would take the long way!

Moisheh