cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish network remote.

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to use a IR dish network remote control with cabinet doors closed using the stock IR remote.Need a IR to RF to IR control.
18 REPLIES 18

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
And again, if the answer to my question is "Yes," then it is not needed.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
See my post. the extended is designed for exactly what he wants, it works very well, and it is inexpensive.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
SaltiDawg wrote:
hilldude wrote:
SaltiDawg wrote:
hilldude wrote:
Would like to use a IR dish network remote control with cabinet doors closed using the stock IR remote.Need a IR to RF to IR control.

What Dish Receiver do you have?
It is a VIP622,uses an IR remote.

hilldude,

May I assume that you only view one station at a time? In other words, even if you have two (or more) TVs that you are OK with not watching one show on one set while watching a different program on the other?

And again, what is the answer to this question asked yesterday?

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
The 622 receiver uses IR for the TV in living room and RF for TV in bedroom. Thanks for the ideas.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Ours works thru the door. There is an app that will allow your cell phone to act as a remote for dish too.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

sonora
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 722K and it also has 2 remotes. 1 IR and 1 RF.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
SaltiDawg wrote:
Well, I tried.
I'll give you some positive support. I have a 722 and use 2 RF remotes for it to control the tv1 and tv2 outputs. Works great.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I tried.

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
This will do what you want, very cheaply, it works great, I am curently using two of them for different devices.

IR Extender.

His receiver is designed to operate directly with a proprietary Dish RF remote... available free from Dish.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
This will do what you want, very cheaply, it works great, I am curently using two of them for different devices.

IR Extender.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
hilldude wrote:
SaltiDawg wrote:
hilldude wrote:

hilldude,
The 622 Receiver uses either an IR Remote OR an RF Remote, or BOTH depending on how set up.

May I assume that you only view one station at a time? In other words, even if you have two (or more) TVs that you are OK with not watching one show on one set while watching a different program on the other?

With the 622 you could operate in either of these modes.

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
SaltiDawg wrote:
hilldude wrote:

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
hilldude wrote:

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
More than likely the cheapest way is a new remote...
remote
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand